Wattle Flat / Sofala NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a pretty good spot to camp too. There is also a 4wd track that goes all the way to Turon gates. So heaps of spots to have a gander.

The last time I was there (when bushfires there had just finished) the track was really good. A lot of burnt areas, although after this rain I reckon it will be coming back pretty well.

brendomac said:
It is a pretty good spot to camp too. There is also a 4wd track that goes all the way to Turon gates. So heaps of spots to have a gander.

The last time I was there (when bushfires there had just finished) the track was really good. A lot of burnt areas, although after this rain I reckon it will be coming back pretty well.

Thanks brendomac looking at youtube the campsite look quite good. My caravan is setup for free camping hoping to get up there in between wifes doctors appointments. I live in Richmond NSW so it is only a short drive.

There are some new Fossicking Tours (Panning or Detecting) being offered around the Sofala, Wattle Flat, Turondale, Hill End, Crudine & Grattai NSW areas.

For all bookings please contact Phil on:
0466 117 213
between 8.30am-5.00pm Monday to Friday.

Disclaimer: I haven't attended on of these tours & do not know the tour operators. Information provided for interested members only.

FB_IMG_1676443851822.jpg
FB_IMG_1676443860544.jpg
FB_IMG_1676443871727.jpg

Members with Facebook can check it out further here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/886188705911767/?ref=share&mibextid=NSMWBT

Latest posts