Wally69's Nugget Hunting Practice. The By-Catch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1951 sixpence with a die crack error extracted from Paynesville victoria

1444003646_image.jpg

And some crusty Narooma saltwater crevice silver

1444005650_image.jpg

Went a bit further from home today to a park the Mrs passes on her bus trip to work for a quick bit of recon.

The area was so full of trash I thought I would have to give up but having invested in the fuel and battling the traffic I decided to seek out some clear targets In the 30 - 40 range on he 705 in the extremities of the park.

Very excited by the result :D will definitely be going back. :p :p

Yeah baby (possible military emblem) - yeah baby (Collar rising sun) - yeah baby (1901 victoria) - yeah baby (1913 George)

1445854681_image.jpg

Yeah baby, some cool relics from that little expedition, should be some good stuff there going by those finds. :)

Well looky looky,...yeah baby,... nice patinas goin on,... yeah baby yeah. :D

Im not following the trend... I cant stand that bloke!
Great finds though
Congrats Wally , persistence paid off
Well done

Sandta said:
Im not following the trend... I cant stand that bloke!
Great finds though
Congrats Wally , persistence paid off
Well done
Yeah baby(ha). ;) :D

Went back to the park yesterday to see what else might surface

It rained Brittanias, a silver hall marked enamel brooch that the enamel has peeled, a Palmolive soap token a threepence and a few half-roos. I also dug three very old unused pick heads - photo to come.

I said I wouldnt leave until I found a pre-federation silver and out came a British 3p :D but when I got home it turned out to be 1936 :eek: it's just not cricket, but I have that covered too. ;)

1445980854_image.jpg

Great stuff Wally, gotta be a really old silver there after finding that lot,.. keep up the good search(doesn't look like it's over yet"by a long shot"). :D
What's that directly to the left of the old button ? :/

1899 is the earliest Goldpick but I would say the picks are gold rush era items. To find three in 2m2 adds a bit of mystery and gave me hope that something earlier could be there.

A brass top to a cricket stump Silver.

So, couldn't help myself and dropped in on the way home for a quick swing. Got a mob of roos, a hatchet to add to the tool collection and a bucket list item. I am still on a high. :D

1446015147_image.jpg

1446015256_image.jpg

I'm jealous Wally.

I tried detecting my Grandma's back yard that has been in the family for over 70yrs and I still came up empty. I only wanted one old coin. Just one!

I'll have to get some detecting lessons some time soon-ish I think.

Latest posts