Wally69's Nugget Hunting Practice. The By-Catch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone sure had a few holes in their pockets, nice to have so many targets concentrated in a relatively small area, well done! :)

Nice going wally
Ge'ez they cleaned up very nicely indeed looks like there've come straight from the mint!!.
Nice haul congrats Mate

Unless a council ordinance prohibits it, it is fair game, but leaving minimal to no impact by researching and following good extraction practices is a wise move.

Plently of posts on this site to get you on track, I recommend you use the search function and go from there.

Practicing on your own lawn is a good way to start, if you are satisfied with your result, you should have a clear conscience when you start applying your hobby to public property.

Enjoy

Practice on your Lawyers lawn too,... if he comes home and you still get away with it,.... you are doing OK enough to hit a park,.... otherwise enjoy jail practice more before you try to score. :lol:

Went back to the little park, started off on the side of the road and got enough gold for tomorrow's bacon and egg roll :p

I must have done a good job the first time as I could only find junk and after 30 mins I was ready to pack it in. Got back to the car and said to myself, there must be more here. Another 20mins for a 20c piece and then did a spot next to some dumped ashphalt for a mini pre-decimal spill and an object that made my heart stop for a couple of seconds. The excitement soon subsided when I realised it was a busted tyre or pressure guage.

The top 6P is a ring-in from yesterday's hunt with Heath.
1438335847_image.jpg

Silvers are great,.... tyre pressure gauge looks too fobby,...darn that it changed before your eyes Wally. :eek:

Got my first broken-leg coin hoard today :eek:

First coin to surface was an American cent followed by a clump of them, followed by a waterfall of Aussie cents and what I thought was a silver coin but turns out to be lead cut to the size of a 5c, most probably for a game machine at the annual show.

Not sure if the special police were involved in the forgery or if the toy canisters were a separate drop.

1439634321_image.jpg

Cruddy looking bunch of fun finds there Wally,...however,...the special police does hold my interest to a high degree. :)
Meant, of course,.. in the nicest possible way(ha). :D :D

Did a bit better today, I got out to a new army base that I have been eyeing off. Unfortunately the area is now mostly housing estates and a 'highly secured government facility' but I did find a small patch of grass that looked unmolested.

1440573807_image.jpg

The finds mostly post dated the base but some of the junk was period. Two roo Pennys and four half Pennys was a good indication that I might pick up something interesting next time around.

The surprise was a mis-struck 1999 $2 coin. Not quite up to Heatho's standards but he now has me cleaning every coin I find. I think I'll be cursed with coin inspecting for the rest of my life now. :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

1440574343_image.jpg

Wally69 said:
Did a bit better today, I got out to a new army base that I have been eyeing off. Unfortunately the area is now mostly housing estates and a 'highly secured government facility' but I did find a small patch of grass that looked unmolested.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1440573807_image.jpg

The finds mostly post dated the base but some of the junk was period. Two roo Pennys and four half Pennys was a good indication that I might pick up something interesting next time around.

The surprise was a mis-struck 1999 $2 coin. Not quite up to Heatho's standards but he now has me cleaning every coin I find. I think I'll be cursed with coin inspecting for the rest of my life now. :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1440574343_image.jpg

Yeah good potential there for sure mate. Don't worry, I check every $1 coin I see too now, I'm becoming obsessed with finding another lol.

Latest posts