urgent ,,i need to find a piece of gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
gday all ,I am chasing my first bit of gold this weekend
I am un decided what area to search,I am keen to look anywhere between lithgow to gulgong to abercrombie.
i have a beaut little minlab charged and ready to go,and not to bothered about a bit of snow and happy to dig junk ......
but i want just 1 piece of GOLD.............
my aim is to get some good quality time one on one with my new mate SDC and start to learn his language.
what do you guys think would be my best bet.
my gems need some gold to hang out with and hopefully i can put up some nice pics.

please help me out :D

Heatho said:
Don't worry Doctor I PM'd him a spot right in your neck of the woods. :lol:
It's called the "good doctors patch" isn't it :lol:
Varts I would head to Windeyer & catch up with the other members heading out there. No guarantees of gold but you may as well throw your hat in the ring for a chance. Weekend weather is looking reasonable too although it's always seemed colder out there to me even as a kid.
Rostered on for the weekend so don't pinch too much of our local yella ;)

Good on you Matt, pretty much the same advice I gave as well as my nemesis spot which still gets under my skin, Wally69 found a bit there first go, I've tried about 8 times and still can't get one there...... :)

mum always said if ya work for something , you'll respect it more !

but chit can anyone PM me a coupla spots , so i can just lob and clean up ?

Please

Yeah I'll tell you where I found the nice gold and ruby ring last week if you like?

Doctor, Varts is a long time member and a gemstone bloke more than gold, we gemstone blokes tend to be slightly less secretive and like to help each other a little, besides Varts knows where the Diamonds are at, lol. :) Share and share alike I say, he is'nt going to get it all, to be honest I hope he gets a bit, go Varts go!

yeah cool , just remember that answer next time some noob comes along and asks a similar question ;)

Doctor said:
yeah cool , just remember that answer next time some noob comes along and asks a similar question ;)

What you think it's all yours?? An experienced bloke helped me a couple of times and I'll decide who I should help out, besides it wasn't info that's not in any goldfield publication. What's your problem? Varts is'nt a prospecting noob, he's been doing it for years just not with a detector.

Good one Varts :cool: the SDC is an awesome tool. There has been some good gold coming from Windeyer with SDCs lately so it would be a great spot to start.

Don't forget to get that coil right on the ground to get that beginners luck flowing.

Heatho said:
Doctor said:

What you think it's all yours?? An experienced bloke helped me a couple of times and I'll decide who I should help out, besides it wasn't info that's not in any goldfield publication. What's your problem? Varts is'nt a prospecting noob, he's been doing it for years just not with a detector.

no problem at all ol'mate

just simply saying next time someone comes along with a similar question either noob or old hand , the answer needs to be the same :cool:

in posts gone by from others , the same answers have not been forth coming, as matter of fact i remember folks being flamed and told to do their own research, not by you may i add at this stage ;)

just saying my 2 cents mate don't take it to heart :)

Secrets are safe with me Doctor, I didn't give away any info that wasn't in a Doug Stone map and I'm not likely to give up spots that are not in his maps either and I know a few.

I'm not gonna flame any newbies, everyone was one at some time. I'm also not responsible for what others say.

Quote "just simply saying next time someone comes along with a similar question either noob or old hand , the answer needs to be the same".

What because you say so? I don't have justify myself for helping someone I've spoken to quite a few times in the past about various topics. I PM'd him the info, you wouldn't have a clue what was said and won't ever either, lol. Also Varts answered his own question in his 2nd post in this thread so lighten up.

Tell ya a lil story Doc, there were a couple of Poms at Sapphire Bend, I showed them how to find their first stone, also a couple of German tourists at Inverell, I helped them find their first stones also, the result??? Biggest smiles you ever saw, to me that was priceless.

man,thanks everyone sorry to cause any dramas ,
i saw the posts about windeyer detector weekend and i might give it a go,you guys dont have to worry about me getting all the goods,
doc look at it like this ,with blokes like me you will have less junk to dig ,years ago i researched gold and and hunted with a eureeka gold .lots of negative talk out there that they dont find gold ,and after a while and some comparison to my old mans 2200 i lost interest.i dug enough nails,buttons dog tags etc to fill a bogie tipper :D
and this question was a bit of a stir ,and quickly turning a water spout.....
but thanks for your help mate ,if you ever want to find some nice gems let me know ,there is some great spots on the nepean river :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks heatho i have some nice spots that i have in mind,and can only hope to get some experience with my new toy and hopefully post up some pics,

the lord helps those who helps themselves,may be he should of helped the ones that helped others..................

thanks wally
thanks scrounger.

any way i better go empty my ute ,i would hate to have to leave some gold because it wont fit my car..
;)

Heatho said:
What because you say so? I don't have justify myself for helping someone I've spoken to quite a few times in the past about various topics. I PM'd him the info, you wouldn't have a clue what was said and won't ever either, lol

no not because of me, an hey you are justifying yourself, lol

an hey i do not care less ;)

hope varts finds that ute load and the next noob that lobs alone asking the same question does too, an heatho i might even buy ya a lemonade next time we meet

P1010459.JPG

Gday gents, havnt seen doug stones map of windeyer but i'll share a few spots wth those there for the wkend and may help varts get his first,be aware, like everywhere these spots are well and truly flogged, myself have been here wth 35,4000, 45 and 5000but your new detectors might do better again,
*first spot is clarks road ,come out of cara park ,go few hundred mtrs to the left then turn right into clarks creek road,keep going and don't stop till you come to an old grader[d9 type] abandoned on side of road,has been plenty of small gold here from this grader back a k from the direction you came, last time here I spent a full day wth the 5000 for a few pcs to 1/g,about 12mths ago.
*next is the TSR head towards pyramil, at the top of a hill couple ks past the town youll see tsr sign on gate on left,seen some nice pcs come from the far end of the tsr but self only done ok round the little dam and took a few out of dam wth platypus coil, some good yabbies in there.
*Next drive towards pyramil and a fair way olong, maybe 5 or 6 ks and look down into creek on left where it runs along edge of road,think its going up a bit of a rise and a bend starts here sweeping to right, youll see an old concete crossing down there where the old road was washed away,last time there wasn't fenced and some tryhard tried to stop me detecting there asking if I had permission but he didn't own this land and had the feeling he was just being a cock so I just kept detecting and he left,no one turned up for rest of day, just looked like part of the road area to me,but found some nice nugs here, one in particular a tooth sized square crystal like piece sticking out of a white cementicious rock and there was little squarish hollows around the rock where other pcs would have been embedded, was still plenty of signals here I hadn't dug.think this spot would be great for a high banker as well.
Also Around the queens pinch bridge area ive panned up some great rattlers
Bum I'm spending the wkend on a retirement project, have a great wknd, regards phill

Latest posts