Tuena NSW Metal detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Pig

Harry
Reaction score
i am heading out to Tuena tommorow to see if i can find my first piece of gold with my 4500. if i dont find anything with it soon, it will be considered by SWMBO as low hanging fruit to fund ongoing reno's. Maybe i should buy a slug of gold and present it to as a find - lets face it i wont loose money on the gold and will save the machine.

Hang in there mate, as long as you're enjoying the hunt keep going, you'll live longer for it ;). If the enjoyment is gone then it might be time for a break. Good luck for tomorrow and welcome to the forum :)

Glad you could make it onto the forum mate :) ....sorry I couldn't make it with you this weekend as already tied up. Hope if you go to our last area that at least a small chunk finds it's way under your coil. Give me a buzz when you get back...Cheers Wal. :)

I almost gave up mate but as soon as i found that first piece that was it and i persuaded the missus to let me upgrade from my old sd2000.So i have my fingers crossed for you. Hate to lose one of the prospecting family 8.(

Hi All,
Started the day drive out to an awesome red sunrise followed by some gloomy fog around Sutton. I arrived at Tuena started detecting. Found the usual wire, iron and bullets. One bullet was tucked into a good looking crevis and was hopeful of my first find. An iron rod was about what seemed to be a foot down beside some water which started to fill as you dig. I found this more frustrating that finding junk after all that effort. So an overnighter turned into a day trip. Having been a fosiscker or 30 years, and have generally gone out by myself, i now realise that i need more motivation when i go out. Even if you go out as a family you end turning it into like a competion to see what you can find throughout the day.

Anyway, when i started the machine up and done the auto tune, the constant warbling was driving me crazy. Also there were odd sharp spikes that disappeared. It nearly seemed like is was next to some telephone lines. I tried playing playing with the STAB and Gain but didnt seem to change it.

As a question - is there such a way of setting it to have a bearly audable sound with no variances and only pick up target signals and not ground/ EMI etc. --- or is this just a fantacy.
I am thinking of running a DD which i have never used as i have been running a 14 x 9 mono since i have owned it.

I am planning in doing a day/ overnight in the region in the week coming up to Easter if anyone else is going out? Cant do 24/30 Mar as i am dropping/ picking up my daughter to horse camp at Cooma. I am supposed to do house reno's in this time but i am sure i can squeeze a day in.

Cheers Harry :)

I would try using a DD searchcoil to see if it helps your situation, it should help to eliminate a lot of that chirping as the DD's tend to run a little quieter than the mono's on mineralised ground, they're also great in trashy areas. The main consideration when switching over to a DD is a slight reduction in depth penetration.

P.S. I just removed your duplicate topic / post.

Thanks for your help - with so many switches knobs dials and variations, there is a bit of science needed to apply to detecting

Regards Harry

nothing like finding the first bit. We got so used to getting junk, that the look on Graces face was priceless when she realised it was gold she was holding. :D

We have detected lots of nuggets at Tuena, best tip I can give you is head up hill, don't bother with the creek as you will be digging lots of deep rubbish.

DD

Diggerdude said:
We have detected lots of nuggets at Tuena, best tip I can give you is head up hill, don't bother with the creek as you will be digging lots of deep rubbish.

DD

Guess that applies to other areas. Will give that a try with my Goldbug2 as the hardrock mines are high on the hill over the creek.

Latest posts