trips to russells creek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I read on here a while back about a day out some members had to russells creek in victoria. I was wondering if there are anymore coming up and details on the area.

Probably only 10% of Russells Creek is easily accessible and happily that is also the section of the waterway that is accessible without trespassing across private land. Park at the crossing on Russells Creek Road. Downstream from the crossing is easier access and rewards with interesting geology for the observant visitor. Upstream is blackberry thickets and leeches.

casper

Thanks casper. We have driven past that crossing and I can see what you mean by overgrown but will go for a look. We tried up at store point a few times but only very fine dust.

It was good that meet up that one, at present I don't think there are any other plans for a Gippsland get together. Nice spot too with some good gold.

Hey guys, I will be down there Saturday and maybe Sunday so feel free to come say gday. Cheers Balx.

Hi balx yeah no worries. Do you go from the russels creek bridge. Just got a petrol pump for the banker after using a bilge pump so might give it a go

did you guys do any good at russell creek i have tried further down on private property with limited success got a three gram bit plus some fines

johnb said:
did you guys do any good at russell creek i have tried further down on private property with limited success got a three gram bit plus some fines
1396165687_image.jpg

You got 3 gram piece? This all we got today from Russells creek today. 3 guys working one high banker. Stop teasing. :)

Beagleboy What part of russell creek did you work ,up stream or down stream of the bridge.

We had another crack at that Dyke upstream, Someone is destroying the joint with a dredge, Saw a local at the bridge he said he took down some number plates of said dredgers, he is going to dob them in if they come back.

True, BUT saves them destroying the whole creek. People forget how many farms surround russels creek, Cant start a pump with the locals hearing it, plus a few of them a prospecters too so they keep an eye on the cars at the bridge.

Latest posts