Tripple classifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys I've made up this Tripple classifier for my sluice. It's a 20mm, 10mm, 6mm

What do you reckon?
1390027540_image.jpg

1390027580_image.jpg

I don't really understand why but it look great can you please give more detail how and why it it used instead of just cassifing to one size in a high banker

I made it Tripple firstly cause it looked sexy! Lol
But I looked a bit into it and it should help with washing off the fines and not pushing them over the edge but now that I'm looking into gem fossikcking I guess it'll allow me to puck up the diff size rocks too.

I made it at work so mods are endless.

Hi Crazyk

might be a bit hard to clean, the second and third layer that is, nice looking work though, full points for craftsmanship. I tip my hat.

I haven't put spray bars or anything yet.

I welded up all my rifles but the guys at work cut them too long so I need to make them again.

Then all I need is the matting.

I'm still not sure which to get...miners miss or ribbed. I've read a lot that ribbed is better.

Test I'll post pics when done

Top effort for trying, but unless you can get the material out that is oversize for what ever classifier it makes it to- it will block up (depends on area as to how long before it will clog)
Thanks
Reeko

I presume I will have to have like a little hook to pull it out between the layers but I've made It so I can remove layers and it will still function too.

Hey mate thats a pro build but to save you some time that I have already wasted thats going to be a pain in the but, The only way it would work is to have some sort of shaker system and sloped classifiers which is a hell of a lot of over engineering for something that sprayers and some grizzly bars will take care of in a fraction of the time. *a disclaimer that this isnt poo pooing your build just giving some advice. Cheers Balx.

Wal uses mats from bunnings and recons it is better than miners moss and he has a gem classifier. Have a look at the Walbanker.

Yeah I wanted to fit a 12v vibrator motor to the young blokes high banker, just reason it would have gone way past the prospector bylaws on complex equipment, got a spare 12 volt one too. I know they do the job, we have them on all test unit and above, do a great job of sinking the gold into the mat. Prelongs clean out time, reduces unwanted material as a percentage of volume, on and on and on. Should be allowed I reckon.

I think you could run your dirt through a cold fusion powered highbanker without breaking any laws as long as your digging it out with handtools?

I was going to run that classifier on a 30 - 45 deg slope so not sure if it will still clog up I will only know when I try.

TOT - I hope I'm not getting that serious not trying to reinvent the wheel just thought it might be easier to seperate the material with a design like that

Yes I was looking at those mats at bun ins, that's what got me looking int if others had used them.

Oh trust me no offense on comments...at the end if the day worst that can happen is I throw the thing in the scrap metal bin at work and start again....little secret I work in the sheet metal industry is I designed it but had the guys cut and bend it for me.

Village, I think that vibrator motor would be a great idea...where did you get it?

So easy to forget that our different States have different rules - Victoria would be fine and dandy to have the vibrator on the banker, but seriously doubt it would pass regs for NSW and their ban on powered processing when some even question the legality of a pump.

crazyk said:
Village, I think that vibrator motor would be a great idea...where did you get it?

I 'll dig it the suppliers through the week, got 240v and 12v, but the 12v was expensive. I 'll gnome back to you.

Latest posts