Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, havent had to dig roots out for a coin yet. Cool photos too I keep forgetting my phone to take pictures. I just got back from a hunt where I dug an old wallet out of the ground that had a couple of 6ps and 3ps in it but I had to destroy what was left of the wallet to get it out of ground which would of made for some cool photos.

goldwright said:
Nice, havent had to dig roots out for a coin yet. Cool photos too I keep forgetting my phone to take pictures. I just got back from a hunt where I dug an old wallet out of the ground that had a couple of 6ps and 3ps in it but I had to destroy what was left of the wallet to get it out of ground which would of made for some cool photos.
Woulda been a great moment to capture gw,.... I used a camera for the main of it, and the phone for the 1944 3d shot. :D

Just got back from a trip away to Lowmead(recently) and scored a few coins on the way home.
It's a shilling.1961
1453074616_sam_5567.jpg

1453074639_sam_5564.jpg

Wave one under the coil and adjust your discriminatin until it picks it up in disc mode. :)

Look in your Missus's purse Numpty,.... surely there'll be one there somewhere,.. or just borrow one,... and I'll have two of whatever you were drinking last night thanks(ha). ;) :lol:

You can do whatever you want whenever you want then Numpty,... the world is your Pearl Oyster and your Gold Mine,.... Hurrah <<(( ! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Those ramshead shillings have been found all over the place lately, last year they were a lot more scarce for some reason, should clean up nicely. :)

A bit of citric acid diluted in water.

Stir it around for a couple of minutes and silver is clean.

Don't try it on anything else or it will dissolve it.

It's got a bit of clingy stuff on it, so as soon as I get back home and check it if it isn't clean yet ill try that Dj. :D

here we go,... pulled it from the CLR and rinsed it well.
1453106738_sam_5580.jpg

1453106739_sam_5581.jpg

then popped it about a level teaspoon full of citric acid and 1/3 a cup of water.
end result after about 1&1/2 minutes and a soft tooth brush.
1453106856_sam_5584.jpg

1453106857_sam_5585.jpg

could have a little more attention to reach it's full potential.
But the citric acid was fast on that clingy stuff in comparison to the CLRs speed of attack on it.

Latest posts