Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's that fold up jop ain't it Wally, .. I might have to do fund raiser hunts this year, as all new gear for the hobby must be paid for by the current set of beasts. ;) :D

Yes Silver, thinking it would be a better investment than a gym membership although I am reluctant to add to my arsenal without getting a decent review.

Thought the forum may have attracted a go-find owner that has been giving one a good run. 8)

Just watched the video add,.... at $400. I would want it to be able to behave like the Ace still as well as jump through hoops. :D

Well got out today for a bit of a hunt to kick the new year detecting off to a flying start.
They say that what you're doing at the start of the year you should be doing all year.
This is a good thing,...no !
here's the kick off hunt for 2016. :D
Mrs Silver recons it'll just be another year of spousal neglect( she's a card isn't she). :eek:
1451898066_sam_5351.jpg

Thought this was just a 1c bit turned out to be 5p.
1451898097_sam_5372.jpg

1451898098_sam_5373.jpg

Bit of Italian Religeonalia.
1451898145_sam_5352.jpg

1451898145_sam_5353.jpg

1451898146_sam_5354.jpg

And it looks like I'll be finding these old type things at 5" deep,... all year long too. ;)
1451898146_sam_5355.jpg

1451898369_sam_5365.jpg

1451898369_sam_5366.jpg

it's STG and bent out of shape,.... not sure what the stone is,... best photos I could get of it.

With all that weight lifting Silver, you will be fitter in no time.

Interesting ring, looks like it has some age to it. :cool:

Was a bit wet out today Gp,... almost half of my coins I eyeballed,.... also spotted some vandals dig holes too,... I don't understand how someone could still be digging full plugs and placing the dirt up to 10 inches out from the hole,... there is no way they are going to get it all back in after doing that,.... and they put the rubbish back in the hole,... all the grass was dead in the plugs too,... I will show them how to do it properly if I see them at it,.... but chances are that they never get seen by me(ha). Odds on its a fresh newbie that hasn't been trained at all too. I dug 2c just a foot and a half away from where they dug a rectangular pull tab,... I feel sorry for them. :rolleyes: :lol: :eek: ;) :D

Thanks fellas, ... I feel fitter already at the end of day one,...I recon it's an older ring too,I havnt seen one like that before. :D

Nice little treasure hunt.
I laughed pretty hard at you spousal neglect quip.
I don't know what your average dig takings is mate but it would be nice to hit that sort of decimal and a ring every time hey?

My batting average is between 1c and $10 with it leaning pretty much around the $4 mark with bonus silver as many times as I can muster,... I'd like to think mostly but fairly often is more likely to be the truth.
mind you though, on the odd occasion I do walk through the door with $20. ;)

Sandta said:
Off to a good start there mate.
Regarding that spousal neglect ... I wouldnt stand for that at all! Dont let her get away with that , make sure she gives you all the special attention you need :lol:
Thanks mate,.... I'm sure that with a little help from the brotherhood I'll get all the special attention I end up deserving, maybe I'll try and make sure that the thought of spousal neglect can't keep me awake at night,.... maybe I could help by signing Mrs S up for night time cooking classes ? :eek:

I like the way your thinking.....gave mine a fry pan once for Xmas, turned out badly. Now I just wing it. Although I suspect it's not original my mate recanted the following excerpt this year. I asked him what he got his Mrs for Xmas. His reply....a cup of coffee. Seeing the puzzled look on my face he proceeded to explain. He said Yer every time a recieved some amorous attention from her a put away a dollar in a jar to buy her a Xmas present. Turns out the coffee was all I could afford :p

If I did that I'd have to take out a loan at christmas just for Mrs Silvers present,.....she's a demon. :p

Latest posts