Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when it gets closer to the install ,i will need help with what gear is out there and what is needed to install ,mppt contoller, trip switch fuse box and a 240v powered charger for rainy day's
all will be hooked up as a parallel system
Should do the job bloke no issue? Not dealing well with the arrogance of a know all and being shouted down, will just offer the following. Remember that it's not a competition to see who can spend the most money, look at your needs and build to suit, keeping it always as simple as you can. The more components the more chances of a system failure. Use quality components like Victron or Redarc, don't shortcut cabling sizes and solder connections and you'll be good to go. As long as it runs your lights so you can get a cold beer out of the fridge at night after it's run the water pump to have a shower, jobs done. Your not powering the space shuttle 👍 :rolleyes: 🤣

Last edited:
Should do the job bloke no issue? Not dealing well with the arrogance of a know all and being shouted down, will just offer the following. Remember that it's not a competition to see who can spend the most money, look at your needs and build to suit, keeping it always as simple as you can. The more components the more chances of a system failure. Use quality components like Victron or Redarc, don't shortcut cabling sizes and solder connections and you'll be good to go. As long as it runs your lights so you can get a cold beer out of the fridge at night after it's run the water pump to have a shower, jobs done. Your not powering the space shuttle 👍 :rolleyes: 🤣

Common sense in simple terms 🙏👌well said.

thanks diginit
the main info i will be chasing is the components side of things ,what are the better quality brands and such, as i wish to build once only, not buy junky products and have them fail on the first bumpy road
i will need a 240v charger ,but which one to buy as the panels will be run as a parallel system, can one buy a charger that will charge a parallel system on rainy days
anyways we have had one hickup so far sounded like he dropped something in the truck and he did a new one is on the way

Attachments

• 20221207_133243.jpg
    20221207_133243.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
it wasn't fastways diginit, a local mob that gets the gear from one of the larger freight company's, and i think that they take great delight in delivering damaged goods ,they even dropped my new anvil and broke the bloody horn off it in front of me at their depot and then f%%&^%$g idiot still tried to load it in my trailer
the new ones are with toll ,i have got a fair chance of them arriving in good order
i don't know why they are replacing them both as i only gave them info on the one panel that was shattered, i will have to get back to them to see what is going on

been a bit late getting back to you nucopia but been busy at work , but they will go on the camper/humpy /trailer that i will be building soon
i will kneed a 240v charger that i can run off a generator or mains power on rainy days ,i have read that the gel mat battery charges can be used for lithium but i am not sure if the ctech charger i have is compatible or not as it is car,and gel mat battery charger, i bought it a few years ago for the gel mat battery that i have

more than likely dave
after a few choice words at a reasonable volume he vacated the seat of the fork lift quite quickly and proceeded into the depot at great speed ,if the back wasn't 2/3rds buggard and it wasn't 60kg's dave i would have picked it up and thrown it at the prick
it was on a skid pallet so he picks it up by the anvil :rolleyes::mad:
just about everything they deliver is damaged ,i can not believe other company's still use these morons

Awaiting a new TIG machine was excited to see delivery van come up drive, driver lifts box out off van and literally drops it on it's end on the ground. Knowing what was in the box plus the picture on the side gave it away, I responded saying I hope that is not the end with all the controls on it? Wait I said as I cut carton of box and sure enough dropped on the control end punching all the dials into machine. His reply was well it should have been marked as this side up ? I said really ? Noting on con note that goods description was Pallet I asked where is the pallet it was strapped to ? Oh I took it off that to save room in van. My next question obviously was ..................... if it's strapped to a pallet then why would it need to be marked this way up ? 🤔 No answer and a true story sadly 👍

Hope this lives up to expectations? Always sandpapering a bit of rust or old paint off something. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/403875247810View attachment 5939
Failure, received with handle cracked which opened when airpressure applied. Won't bore you with hassle getting money back. Was offered $5 then $8 but when I got eBay involved full refund + 50 cents arrived in my account.
Have now bought a better quality one from the big green shed.

Totally agree with that Mackka, and when I buy anything on Ebay I make sure it's not coming from China or Hong Kong, got caught years ago not checking that and 2 items arrived in pieces, although I got a refund it was still a pain in the arse going through the process.

Latest posts