Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't know you were a local Shep lad RM ? Have a few mates around there, one has a farm out on Wanganui Rd another at Euroa 👍 Been a bit wet that way recently :rolleyes:
Not local Shepp, Broadford. Shopped around and beat others in price and customer relations. I've been back multiple times. They even offered to deliver to Seymour at the purchase price, I picked it up, the young bloke was itching to get it and put it to good use.

Without doubt the best customer service and experience I've encountered in a long time. Got plenty of cousins in the Euroa district, sure has been wet like everywhere, thankfully it's drying out.

Broadford mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm been to a few concerts there in the young and reckless years on two wheels 👍 Don't think they are allowed any more :rolleyes:👍

Broadford mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm been to a few concerts there in the young and reckless years on two wheels 👍 Don't think they are allowed any more :rolleyes:👍
No mate the last one was 21 years ago, been here 20 years and live on the road where it all took place. The property was sold and the old stage has been turned into a house. Pretty sure it was public liability that shut it down as it did with many businesses IE: Horse riding trails etc.

Bugger now I am feeling old :rolleyes: But then I was at Sunbury which for those not old enough to remember was the Australian version of Woodstock 🤣🤣🤣
Know a bloke who went to Sunbury, lived there all his life. About 20 years ago he found a box at a deceased estate garage sale with about 10 program records for the original concert. He was selling them off 1 at a time, not sure what he got paid but very collectable nonetheless.

We picked up our Isuzu truck, now the purple bus, from Melbourne on 24rd December 2012 and drove to Sunbury. We camped down on that flat by the river and woke Christmas morning freezing with our little dome tent flattened on top of us by the howling wind.

On the way home we took a slight diversion to the John Baxter memorial south of Caiguna.

Track.jpg

The track was badly overgrown.

Branch stuck.jpg

The big square cabrack on the truck caught all the overhanging branches and we ended up with them stuck between the cab and the traybody. I had no axe and no chainsaw so the whole trip was a battle.

Tray loaded.jpg

We left Melbourne with two revolving lights on the cab, two tall antennas, an exhaust stack and tail lights on top of the traybody. All of that was gone by the time we made it to the memorial.

John Baxter.jpg

When we got to the quarantine gate we were waved through just like a local work truck. Some times you make a purchase that tends to be a little more memorable than most.

Memories...... :rolleyes:

Great days and memories SS. Church was a five mile walk and no matter what the weather you had to go. Looking back it never hurt me. Considering when my Dad was a boy, he did a milk run in the morning, bare feet in Glasgow. Tough bloke.

great memories yes mackka, i would not change anything about growing up on a farm ,even riding the deadly treadly for a couple of miles morning and afternoon rain,hail or sunlight to milk cows for pocket money, they were the days mackka

We bought our fishing rods and bike bits from farm work. When the local farmer was cutting cauliflowers we were only allowed to carry one at a time because the leaves were frozen and would snap if bent. We'd place them all along outside the fence so that by the time they were all cut they had defrosted enough to stack onto the truck for the trip to market. We never had shoes or gloves those times but nor did anybody else. These days I need both to make it through most jobs.

I didn't have it that hard, but I do remember picking peas all day and at the end of the day the farmer paid me $2 and I told him to shove it!!! However, I do remember taking empty Flagon bottles that we had found and the publican gave us 2 bob for each of them. I still remember the beer truck pulling up at the pub and lowering the kegs into the dungeon and all done with muscle, ropes and hooks, one on each side of the rim of the keg and bloody big kegs they were. Great Days. Did i mention that Dad and "Uncle Jim" would take me to the pub on a Saturday night and buy me a hotdog and a lemon squash. We got there by horse and sulky. Tell that to the grandkids and watch their eyes. Funny. What's a sulky Pa hahahah

Just like the one I had, Scope and Shoulder strap and painted in Cammo...and left at mates place too shoot Bats Eating His Bananas....

Problem was, Perfectly legal in QLD to own at the time, BUT NOT in NSW (mates place)...

Cops came on another matter and saw the 'Gun'..... He got charged with My Air Rifle...

I got him off the Charges but Incriminated My-self by admitting certain things... :cool:

Judge told Cops not to charge me..... As I was unaware of this 'New' laws for NSW at the time...

They really wanted to but would been thrown out of Court... Never got the gun back either... :mad:

That was 40yrs ago and NSW Cops STILL think as that happened, Im unfit for a Gun Licence in NSW...:mad::mad:

LW....

Bought this on lay-buy before Christmas
Tikka T1x 22LR with 4-12x50 scope bipod and sling.. picked up today 😗
Diggers reaction “wow nice, we can gets some rabbits now” 🥰🤣🤣🤣
View attachment 7524
Also brought a piece of brown vinyl for the hope chest.. 👍🏾
a buddy has the T1 223, his fav rifle. Foxes detest the thing!
If ya into foxing grab a Silva Fox Whistle
Check this out..

Last edited:
BigL, Still have an original fox whistle somewhere here. Fox hunting was my favourite after school hobby, sitting on a rocky outcrop whistling up a fox, they couldn't resist the sound. Was very handy money as well from tail bounty.
Used a single shot .22 for the job. Despised foxes after seeing what they did during lambing season or the chook house.
We had a dog named Nippy, he was an almost silent fox hunter. (He never barked) My bed was on the back verandah not far from the chook house. Occasionally I would awaken to some snuffling and a bit of a struggle, next morning sure enough a dead fox outside the chook house.

Old style whistle also did the job.
https://www.aussiedisposals.com.au/fox-whistle.html

Last edited: