Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah I love my foxing Nightjar. Sounds like Nippy did his job with excellence! That whistle your referring too is a Button whistle, the Silver Fox whistle is a Tenterfield.

Fox's are dirty low down smelly shits of things that without doubt do more damage to native species than any other living creature beside us humans in Australia, I get great joy nailing the bastards. My family were wool growers, I dont think I'll ever grow out of my compulsion to rid the things.

Couple years ago when I got back into it I tried finding a button style whistle made of brass, very hard to find (Dad had one). All I could find was one made of tin however I did manage to come across a bloke in Wangaratta that makes button whistles from Australian penny's, not sure if they're legit penny's, in anycase I got one. It has the same year as my birthday. They're a work of art and well made so should last. Its pitch is a little lower than the Silver Fox, sometimes it does seem to bring them in when the Tenterfield won't.

1676431025606.pngt

Last edited:
Placed a post in the local community pages in FB seeking permission to hunt ferals on rural properties in the area.
Received a messages from a property owner asking if could help with rabbits and foxes. Spoke with them yesterday and will meet them over the weekend.
They rent cabins and a function centre fir weddings etc on 100 acres but told me their neighbour who has a horse riding school on 150 acres, also wants to meet up, as they have similar issues with rabbits foxes and rats.
Bought a T2 fox whistle a while back and keen to try it out to see if it will bring in the foxes .

CF2B51E2-A077-42AB-A6B1-6D4F876955C4.jpeg

Also had a 2 people message me asking if I could get rid of Indian Mynah birds. I can’t shoot the birds since these people live in the surburbs. So yesterday I bought this trap to try out..

D8D704B3-2090-47B7-96FF-7EA55B7765C9.jpeg

Meeting with an elderly lady today that has poultry on 2 acres and wants some one to deal with the rats.
Was a bit surprised with the response from land owners who dont have the tools to deal with the ferals on thier land..

Last edited:
Bought a T2 fox whistle
Between and button whistle and one of these things below (used to be called a "predator call') they have accounted for many a fox and a few wild dogs over the years. Foxes will come from up to 1 km away for the big caller - very loud. Stand still and they will come within a few feet of you sometimes.

1676598065174.png

Impressive !
Delivered in just over 24 hours.. View attachment 7995
Just clip red clothes pegs on it, put red coloured dry cat food into a bowl/tub they can't resist the colour red 😋 and obviously a tub of water. Once placed don't even look at it in daylight hours, they are basically the foxes of the sky. If they see you visit or look at it they won't go near it. It's doesn't matter how many are in it, leave them until dark and then clean them out, always leave one in there to attract others the following day.

Keep the pets away too, they will notice any interference and you will struggle to get any. After dark their as dumb as the dumbest allowing you to clean it out 🍻

Courtesy of DoubleD Leather Bendigo thank you Dean your a champion 👍 New harness to replace the Minelab one that has fallen apart and it's a ripper. 👍👍👍 The back pick holder will make swatting the flies easier with a free hand and my head will be grateful also I have no doubt :rolleyes: Provision for pretty much any and everything you would want to carry plus items / holders are removeable if you don't need. The belt fastener is excellent with no more fumbling whilst trying to unclip and as usual built tough like all Deans gear. ;) Yes I know a shameless plug but credit where it's due :cool:
Time to get it dirty 👍

DD Harness.jpg

DD Harness 1.jpg

I'm heading upto Howlong for the weekend catching up with a few mates, haven't camped together for 20 plus years, I'm in for a funny weekend 😊 I'm towing the boat (so can't tow the van unfortunately) and all of my swags have poles/ropes missing and even holes in them 😳 teenage boys are the bain of my life at times 🙄 So Kate and I caught up with a few friends recently and one has an Oztent, nice bit of gear. We decided to add one to our kit for convenience purposes 👍so I grabbed the RV4
IMG_20230308_203210.jpg

Took a bit to convince Kate to part with the coin 😬 I said trust me it's the right decision 😃 When I got home she was keen to check it out so I started to unload the gear 😅 Also needed the following which I never mentioned before I took off 😉

Can't do without one of these for the Ute/truck and boat 👌
IMG_20230308_203233.jpg

And of course with all of my fishing rod's at the beach house I can't go fishing without the right gear, should suit the Cod and maybe a Barra and other species when we get the chance to head up north for a while 😊😅 couldn't resist.
IMG_20230308_203259.jpg

Took a bit to convince Kate to part with the coin 😬 I said trust me it's the right decision 😃 When I got home she was keen to check it out so I started to unload the gear 😅 Also needed the following which I never mentioned before I took off 😉

Can't do without one of these for the Ute/truck and boat 👌
View attachment 8387
Bugga I might put that picture in the bedroom 😍🥰 😍

I thought I would own one of them by now but the UK dealer seems to have vanished and the only good ones left are ARB and National Luna,

Looks like I am going to have to save a bit before I can get the N/L.

I am soooo jealous.

The ol buy now, seek forgiveness later!
Yep that's how it played out 😃 All good Kate's impressed with the Engel 👌 and once I explained the benefit of the rod and reel purchase she was of the same thought as me 😊 The really good benefit of the reel is the ability to interchange the spool to suit the fish your chasing 👌😃 spending dollars wisely 👍

So if I fit a spool with 40 or 50 pound braid for larger fish and another spool with 8lb mono for light fish it's a simple 30 second swap over. For me the dollar invested for the simplicity of function is the reason I came home with it, impressive bit of gear 👌

Edit: Forgot to qualify the spool interchange is done without removing the reel from the rod 😀😎

Last edited:
Bugga I might put that picture in the bedroom 😍🥰 😍

I thought I would own one of them by now but the UK dealer seems to have vanished and the only good ones left are ARB and National Luna,

Looks like I am going to have to save a bit before I can get the N/L.

I am soooo jealous.
No reason to be jealous mate, if you want me to send you one send me a pm and we can arrange it 👍The best part of the the fridge purchase was the fact the standard 45lt is $200.00AU more than the combi 🤔 Turns out they haven't been selling as well so they dropped their price 😀 Can't argue with that after all they are the same unit essentially. Put it this way I can interchange it and configure it to suit my needs, can't see why they didn't sell.

The best buy was the Oztent, priced at $1499.00AU with the BCF membership it was reduced to 1099.00 👍I'm cool with that discount 😎 Then I asked in store what's your best price, at $950.00 how could I say no 😀 they have great reviews and are well and truly tested being in the market for quite some time, 10 years or there abouts 👍

Thanks, I'd really like to get my hands on one, 👍

That's a heck of a deal you got there, and that $550 saving should pay for the trip away,

Is the Tent Self inflating or is it framed,, Reason I ask is because I bought a Tailgate Tent / Awning and I also bought a Dometic Awning Tent which has poles and I think I should of got the Inflating version instead, ??

This is similar to mine except mine has windows in the sides and it's Dark Grey and Silver,

My Awning 4.jpg

This it the Dometic Tent / Awning, This side opening joins to the back of the Vehicle.

VT7 kampa-travel-pod-tailgater-rear-micro-camper-awning-008.jpg

Latest posts