Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a framed construction RR aluminium built in, the only loose poles are the awning poles. I looked at the inflatable but didn't like the possibility of the air tubes being punctured so I went with the canvas fixed frame. Also the canvas will last longer, can be repaired more easily, treated as often as needed etc.

went shopping yesterday for some back support and settled on a double d harness
i can also make straps so i can attach my back pack to it to take the strain of the back when i go panning

20230309_155731.jpg

20230309_155826.jpg
a fair bit more expensive than the mine lab ones
but the back support is way better and far more adjustment overall with the double d harness

I don't doubt it LW they have great reviews and everyone I know who owns one is very happy with them 👍great for area's where we can't tow the van and the easy one or two night stays.
I had the RV2 for a few years.... But wasn't using it so i sold it for $10 less than what i paid for it... :)
Heaps of great options as well, but all good things come with a price...... love the way 2 tents can fit together...

27022012369.jpg

LW...

went shopping yesterday for some back support and settled on a double d harness
i can also make straps so i can attach my back pack to it to take the strain of the back when i go panning

View attachment 8407

View attachment 8408
a fair bit more expensive than the mine lab ones
but the back support is way better and far more adjustment overall with the double d harness
SS found it to be excellent and doubt you will ever wear it out as you could tow a truck with it 🤣 Being able to do a walk in to DD was time well spent while in Bendigo bloke. Deans young fellow Cooper would have looked after you ;)

Last edited:
This is the Actual Tailgate Tent bought for my Van, Note that they added porthole windows and the light and dark Grey colours now match my Van, this upgrade kit came with added extra poles you can open up the rear door of the Tent so you end up with a large Awning, But this Tent adds another 3.9m2 extra space and it cost around 300 bucks,

My Actual Awning.jpg

Could be the new Tardus.
Lol, Yeah its a bit like that coz I end up with around 4.3m X 1.5/2.0m of room,

Where this thing comes in to it's own is when your on a trip and you Overnight at a Campsite, where as if I pull up at a Truckstop I just get in the back, The Bigger Awning/Tent is better if I want to stay some place for a couple of days or more and it measures 2.4m X 2.4m So not massive but enough for a bit of comfort and a place to chill out, 👍

yes bogga it was a young fellow that looked after me
he said they have only been making that one for the last few months or so, and have not even got them on the web site yet
at a extra $100.00 compared to the top range one at minelab ,it was a no brainer not to get it with the quality of the build and the amount of adjustment points on it, it sells itself

yes bogga it was a young fellow that looked after me
he said they have only been making that one for the last few months or so, and have not even got them on the web site yet
at a extra $100.00 compared to the top range one at minelab ,it was a no brainer not to get it with the quality of the build and the amount of adjustment points on it, it sells itself
Yes it's a great bit of gear hence the shameless plug #6513 👍 Found the pick holder excellent even for the long handled pick and the divers style belt buckle much easier to use and adjust than the click in type 👍 👍 With a bit of luck it will no longer be a virgin by the time you leave the triangle ;)😊

Last edited:

Latest posts