The CTX vs Deus vs Whites thread

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
before you listen to anyone grab a deus and try it out once you try it there will be no turning back because there is no other machine on the market that you can swing like the flash and still pick up every target .when i swing i swing 1 second left 1 second right like really fast and i never miss a target .thats the one thing i love about the deus its not like normal metal detecting where you have to take your time and it takes you all day the deus is so lightening fast you can cover a tremendous amount of ground in little to no time .
Actually there is....but this thread does not include the RACER, so i'll not harp on about its blended audio here and less amount of processing time needed in order to report. However im certainly up for anyone who wants to prove this to me out in the field with a Dues.??....and i get to pick the field....lol

Like it or not, the Dues is wireless..due to the laws of physics, there is lag...it maybe only small but there is lag. Lag is also present in the other above mentioned models due to slow and/or poor processing power combined with settings requiring a slower swing speed....and the v3i is testament to that. However i dont believe Lag is a major concern if your able to work the detector to it fullest.
No matter the brand, its you who leaves targets in the ground because of the amount of variables....the make/model you swing may well be the best there is....but you/me are mere mortal...and thats why there is always targets left behind.

If it was not for the battery issue that others have mentioned, id probably be all over the Dues due to wanting a new toy. Im not talking about the std by times, im talking going flat out in the field where swapping it out for a fresh set is not possible.

Q....Does the Dues have a built in speaker on the back of the c/box module.??

Good reading :) I am even more sold on the deus. Didnt know about the battery seal leak issue on the ctx, hope they resolved it.

Narrawa said:
before you listen to anyone grab a deus and try it out once you try it there will be no turning back because there is no other machine on the market that you can swing like the flash and still pick up every target .when i swing i swing 1 second left 1 second right like really fast and i never miss a target .thats the one thing i love about the deus its not like normal metal detecting where you have to take your time and it takes you all day the deus is so lightening fast you can cover a tremendous amount of ground in little to no time .
Actually there is....but this thread does not include the RACER, so i'll not harp on about its blended audio here and less amount of processing time needed in order to report. However im certainly up for anyone who wants to prove this to me out in the field with a Dues.??....and i get to pick the field....lol

Like it or not, the Dues is wireless..due to the laws of physics, there is lag...it maybe only small but there is lag. Lag is also present in the other above mentioned models due to slow and/or poor processing power combined with settings requiring a slower swing speed....and the v3i is testament to that. However i dont believe Lag is a major concern if your able to work the detector to it fullest.
No matter the brand, its you who leaves targets in the ground because of the amount of variables....the make/model you swing may well be the best there is....but you/me are mere mortal...and thats why there is always targets left behind.

If it was not for the battery issue that others have mentioned, id probably be all over the Dues due to wanting a new toy. Im not talking about the std by times, im talking going flat out in the field where swapping it out for a fresh set is not possible.

Ya Know your Trouble Narrawa, don't ya.

Like ALL of us Once we have used a Top of the Line Machine No Matter who Makes it, For us to Give that up and get another Brand, What ever Model machine is It is going to have to bring Something real Special to the Table, Aye.

That's why I stuck with mine, It's A bugger of a choice which is why have bought the machines I've got, I still have 2 more to get yet, Maybe 3 or 4,lol.

But either way 2 of mine I will always Keep but I will make room for More.

Im in that rut i mentioned before. :D :D

And the only defense i can use to justify the wanting for something im not needing is.....im a detectorist. Yet....im not alone, and share the madness with many others who probably have more important things to spend their hard earned on.....feels good doesn't it.? :lol: :lol:

Narrawa said:
Im in that rut i mentioned before. :D :D

And the only defense i can use to justify the wanting for something im not needing is.....im a detectorist. Yet....im not alone, and share the madness with many others who probably have more important things to spend their hard earned on.....feels good doesn't it.? :lol: :lol:

LOL, Amen to That,

I am in Complete Denial, Just so I don't have to Argue with Myself over my next Purchase, So I Ordered the Falcon MD 20 while I am saving for the GPX.

In the mean time I don't want to go to Counselling and I'm Not going To Rehab, I just thought I'd clear that up, So don't Ask, :D :D :D

You'll get all the counseling you'll ever need right here...come, sit down next to me and i'll begin your therapy. A new GPX or s/hand?...whats your flavor?....iv got both available right now. :lol:

Narrawa said:
You'll get all the counseling you'll ever need right here...come, sit down next to me and i'll begin your therapy. A new GPX or s/hand?...whats your flavor?....iv got both available right now. :lol:

I need A New One, with the most useable Coils, It's been bugging me this past 2 months So I am Saving for it, because I know everything else will annoy me until I get it, and then I have my eye on the SDC, The VLF's I got are the Best for their intended purpose, But I need these Two to Complete the Picture,

I feel Better Already, Same Time Next Week Doctor??

rocketaroo said:
Good reading :) I am even more sold on the deus. Didnt know about the battery seal leak issue on the ctx, hope they resolved it.

I don't think that problem can be resolved without a major redesign of the casing. All the user can do is pay close attention to the seal when opening/closing the compartment and hope for the best, knowing that the seal is quite likely to fail sooner or later.

Strange Ridge Runner, I`d think with all you`ve said you`d be well ahead with finds and wouldn`t have to save. Just pay with your finds.

grubstake said:
rocketaroo said:

I don't think that problem can be resolved without a major redesign of the casing. All the user can do is pay close attention to the seal when opening/closing the compartment and hope for the best, knowing that the seal is quite likely to fail sooner or later.

Yeah that was on my mind, I think they are now calling it Water Resistant, mind you I did see some one Diving with the Deus at the Beach in A Video,

Norvic said:
Strange Ridge Runner, I`d think with all you`ve said you`d be well ahead with finds and wouldn`t have to save. Just pay with your finds.

Mate since September, I have been Spending Like it's going out of Fashion, I bought Guitar at About 4.5K and a very Limited Edition Amp (theres only 9 in the Country) and 3 Detectors and 4 Coils and A maga Buck set of Scales, and a son in College who enjoys the Freedom of my Wallet almost as much as I do :p :p

And my next project is an RV Camper so I can go off Prospecting for months at a Time which I am busy buy bits for too.

John

Ridge Runner said:
Like ALL of us Once we have used a Top of the Line Machine No Matter who Makes it, For us to Give that up and get another Brand, What ever Model machine is It is going to have to bring Something real Special to the Table, Aye.

Interesting reading everyone. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

RR I am currently looking to upgrade and the 2 machines I'm considering are not the brand I currently use. I want the best machine to do my style of detecting, regardless of who makes it. :)

Ramjet said:
Ridge Runner said:

Interesting reading everyone. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

RR I am currently looking to upgrade and the 2 machines I'm considering are not the brand I currently use. I want the best machine to do my style of detecting, regardless of who makes it. :)

Funny you should say that Because although I won't sell My 2 favourite machines, I have found another 2 machines that I am really keen on getting along with the SDC and the GPX,

It's Only money, lol

Ramjet, I have been using Minelab detectors for quiet a while and I am a little biased but the CTX has a couple of very distintive advantages.

1: Big colour screen that is easy to read from any angle and if you are like me and watch the screen nearly always, this has no equal.

2: Target Trace is something that, once mastered is more usefull then tones in some situations.

3: The CTX gives a very clear double tone on surface coins and Jewellery which is more usefull than you think.

4: The CTX has wireless audio and headphones at same time with the screen still in front of you. To use Deus headphones you loose the information from the remote, and plug headphones into remote and you are attached by wire, put remote in pocket to have wireless headphone and you can no longer see screen.

5: The CTX does not dismantle when shortend for storage, I watched my old boy look for his remote quite a few times when moving from site to site and imagine losing it would not be that hard.

6: The CTX shaft is rigid and strong, the Deus shaft flexed around quite a bit when moving coil from side to side.

7: There are Minelab dealers all around Australia, I looked into buying a Deus and found it quite hard to even purchase one and my old boy had the same dramas. I rang George at NQ Miners Den and had my CTX on my door step the next day.

These are my main reasons for loving the CTX and none of these are really related to performance.

Narrawa said:

Do you know who sells the Racer? :D :D :D

I suggest you spend some time using a Deus.
Its a Proven platform with if not hundreds of
users theres thousands.

Is the internet swarmed with Battery and lag
complaints? not that I can see.

Can a hardwired detector compete with a
Detector that is software upgradeable?

In the end this is an enjoyable hobby no
Matter which detector you might be
Using.

Narrawa said:
Id like to see a video of a Deus with the following criteria met.

Items needed.
1. A 3-4" long rusty nail found in the ozy gold fields.
2. 1 copper coin, (half penny in size)
3. A silver coin, ( 10c in size )

Air test.
Now, turn detector an and factory preset it, select one of its coin programs.
Place either coin (one at a time) under the nail 1" below in any combination you can..(this will require using two hands)vertical, horizontal, and any and everywhere in between keeping the coin aprox 1" under the nail or just to the side at all times, but below the nail while passing it under the coil.
You may change the orientation of the nail to the coil while passing it and the coin under the coil with the coin at the required distance from the nail only.

You are required to not cut the footage, this will take two people to complete. That is...one shoot showing the requirements above.

For those of you who have one of these detectors, you may answer the question prematurely...

Q. will the nail, mask the coin.?

Do you have a video of a detector performing the above with what
You are asking?

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/gGwqHyUSUI8[/video]

Come to think of it the V3i and the CTX are upgradeable because they have already done upgrades for the V3 to the V3i and the CTX can Talk to A Computer as does the Zed, I wonder how the Deus Connects to do the software updates,

Latest posts