The CTX vs Deus vs Whites thread

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridge Runner said:
I Would have thought that ALL companies would have learnt by now Not to Release a Detector without a 6X10, They know people have asked for One on every Other machine, so while they are making machines handle ground better and making then more sensitive then surely They Know what the first thing they are going to ask for will be? :mad: :mad: :mad:

john

Hate to imagine how much time is needed to manufacture the coil taking note that just about everything needed is made in house.

More than happy with the standard coil.
A small one though would be awesome
And I would expect it to be zippy.

RidgeRunner have you used the mxt pro on high mineralised soil? If you have how does it handle it. I was close to owning an mxt but the wrong One arrived in the post.

Narrawa said:
Time to give Whites a plug in this thread.........there ya go!!...i did it. :lol:

Control ya Self, Here's my Honey In A See through Top,

1437653835_mxt_cov.jpg

Clearly well looked after, covers are usually the first cab off the rank with regards to accessories, never run without them. :)

Wolfau said:
RidgeRunner have you used the mxt pro on high mineralised soil? If you have how does it handle it. I was close to owning an mxt but the wrong One arrived in the post.

I have not found anywhere that the MXT can't Handle, by using the combination of the Gain and the VSAT, Whether it is up around Gympie or over here, I Can even Ground Balance out Magnetic signs and fridge Magnets to Hot rocks, and It will handle virtually any ground although you might have to drop the gain A Little but NEVER LOW, It will ground balance them things in One Pump of the coil it is that fast at sorting out the ground.

Gold Diver, took it and found that Gold in An Area that would Give A GPX a Hard time, The Place was full of hot rocks with Very Deep Red Coloured Soil with 10s of thousands of rocks all over it, The Place was A Nightmare, and then He Finds those Nuggets and Coins in that Picture he Posted, That in it's self to me says a lot,

I have the MXT All Pro 4th version, which has the 10" DD coil, 3rd Version the MXT pro has the 12" Concentric coil, the MXT 300 2nd version, is the same as the First Model but it Came with the 12"/300 Coil, and the MXT Is the 1st Version came with the Old 950 Concentric Coil, But One thing I forgot to mention is GOLD DIVER found those Nuggets with the first model MXT, so all of them can Do The Deed,

hope this helps

Wolfau said:
As a Deus user or 3030 user or a whites user
Is there something that you would like added
Or offered or are you happy with your kit?

In my opinion The Deus needs a small elliptical
Coil that could be zappy using the high frequency around mullock heaps in gold
Prospecting mode or in high Trash areas.

As a CTX3030 user I want a VCO or modulated audio mode. Sort of like pin-point but as a search mode.

RidgeRunner care to share more info on
The way the discriminator on the mxt works.

Can't remember the convo i had which i was
Told the highlight was the discrimination.

Goldpick said:
Clearly well looked after, covers are usually the first cab off the rank with regards to accessories, never run without them. :)

That one Is brand new (4th june 2015), But health issue's have held me back for a couple of weeks but I went of yesterday to get permission for a few sites, So that worked out well and I am into it now,

Those covers are the best there is they are Ballistic Nylon and padded with a waterproof lining, but the machine has weather seals on it anyway so rain does not effect it, But I like to keep my machines looking like the day I got them, so until They have covers I don't take them Out, They are hand made and they make them for other brand machines and My Detector Dealers are more like family and they always get me what I need, If anyone wants any of them Let me Know because they are not expensive to Post, Ok.

John

Wolfau said:

There are only 2 settings that I use with the DISC on the MXT and they are In the Relic Mode, In Gold Country NEVER run your DISC above 2 because of Iron staining and for normal Detecting run the DISC between 2.8 to 2.9 or at the Point where it Knocks out rusty Nails, So always test it with a Rusty Nail once you get or Hire an MXT Machine.

Here is a report written by Dave Johnson who Designed and Built the MXT and about 45 others, but he can explain the Tech side of things better than me although I know HOW TOO in the field.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12009

Hope this helps,, john

blakegarv said:
is it quite to opperate ridge ?.

They are very quiet machines set up right but if a person ups the Gain they become chatty but that is the point where you just back it off a touch and then it is fine, On the Beach the best coils are the concentrics and that 12" one is a beast, I also have The 15" MXT Max Coils which is also A Concentric but as of yet I have not tried it out in the field, It can easily see targets of 0.06 grams so I am hoping for Good Things with that Coil,

I have used the MXT under power Lines and it's been fine and I have found everything from 2000 year old coins to WW II bomb fragments, and Gold and Silver,

John

Hi RR

So the All Pro is weather proof then I'm assuming from you mentioning the machine has weather seals? I love the cover looks very nicely made I'm guessing they also make a similar cover for the control box out of the same material? And what sore of weather could the All Pro handle? Not that I'll be testing mine out in bad weather even with them u beaut covers on.

Cheers Mate

bhogg said:
Hi RR

So the All Pro is weather proof then I'm assuming from you mentioning the machine has weather seals? I love the cover looks very nicely made I'm guessing they also make a similar cover for the control box out of the same material? And what sore of weather could the All Pro handle? Not that I'll be testing mine out in bad weather even with them u beaut covers on.

Cheers Mate

Well Steve H used one in Full On Rain for A week (Without Covers) and not a Drop Got In and when they were field testing them they Had to be able to survive and work In such places as the Heat In Death Valley (150*f) in the U.S. and they took the GMT which is pretty much the Same Box Configuration in Antarctica and it was fine So I guess that's about as weather proof as A Machine needs to be, Seeing as they Have been on the market since 2002 I have not heard of weather Issue's so They must be Ok, Others might of heard of problems but to date I have Not.

The Control Box Cover is the Same Material, I tried many others an a Mate had A set of them about 5/6 years ago and I tracked down the Dealer for them and Now I don't shop anywhere else, They are the people I order my machines from and they Got Whites to Import that Big 15" Coil For Me, and apart from imported Things everything else is next day Delivery Which I real Cool. and there Pricing A brilliant,, My TDI SL cost me just over $1600.00 AUD, in OZ it's around $2395.00 I think.

John

Thanks well that gives me great confidence perhaps a little bit of bad weather won't stop me after all.Wow that great pricing indeed no wonder your happy I would be too! So is it possible now to still get a Tdi Sl imported? And good luck with the big new coil it'll be interesting to see how it performs.
Thanks once again John

bhogg said:
Thanks well that gives me great confidence perhaps a little bit of bad weather won't stop me after all.Wow that great pricing indeed no wonder your happy I would be too! So is it possible now to still get a Tdi Sl imported? And good luck with the big new coil it'll be interesting to see how it performs.
Thanks once again John

Well A Set of Covers are around $50 bucks and that is cheap insurance for the Life of the Machine, just Like Coil Covers, and it keeps them like New, when I sold may last one I lost about $150 on it, Because it Looked Like Brand New, So that's another Good Reason to Always Use Covers,

food for thought, Aye.

John

Wolfau said:

Wolfy I tried to send you some more Info but I could not find you message/email can you PM me your Email Address

Thanks mate, John

Latest posts