The CTX vs Deus vs Whites thread

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wolfau said:
Really dissapointed with whats happened on
this thread.

Some posts have been removed and many replies
not Related nor relevant to this thread still remain.
I am Scratching my head on this one.

I know what you mean, it is a tough call trying to clean up threads and have them still make sense, Moderating is a Thankless Task, I hate having to do it, coz one click too many and it's gone and Only the Admin can find it,

I hate Computers, :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Wolf's comments were made without the realisation that I had already gone back to delete umpteemth posts that don't have a place in this topic, so all good. :)

As a Deus user or 3030 user or a whites user
Is there something that you would like added
Or offered or are you happy with your kit?

In my opinion The Deus needs a small elliptical
Coil that could be zappy using the high frequency around mullock heaps in gold
Prospecting mode or in high Trash areas.

Wolfau said:
I have reported a couple more that
Are not relevant just to be fair.

What you do from there its up to
You.

Feel free to delete this as well.

Thanks for the cleanup of the thread.

Its been a busy day for you.

Hopefully the hornets nest has long
Gone now.

To be fair, the Fisher and Sovereign posts have also been deleted to keep things on topic with the Deus, CTX and Whites detectors. Sorry I haven't kept up with the topic, had plenty of other things that required my undivided attention - like detecting. :cool:

At the end of the day, I'd rather let my finds do the talking rather than get caught up on whether this or that is better. ;)

Heatho said:
Ridge Runner said:
Seriously Though If Minelab could just Hot up the Sensitivity of these Machine, Although they do find gold, they would be Very good at small gold because, They can find Lead extremely Deep, So I would imagine that they would really Nail Small Natural Gold, And people are using the for prospecting with the Joey Coil, So I think if they did that the CTX would make a Good Accessory to A GPX in and around Mining camps ETC,

John

Some people do use the CTX for exactly that purpose. Mbasko posted up some great links to another forum about one bloke who has found 10oz of nuggets with his among the iron trash on goldfields.

Yeah I read that whole Topic it was real Good, In fact I got some piece of mind out of that Topic and it sort of restored my Faith In the Machine A bit, I don't care about waterproofness because I Hunt on land or shallow water, Anything deeper than my Welly Boots and I man the Life Boats,
Seriously, I fit Padded / waterproof covers on All My Machines, Not only do they keep the water out but they Protect the Finish of the machine its self,

With the some machines I look at them and want them. But then I remember the conditions I Hunt In and that Deflates the mood a Bit, So every time I see Posts like that it draws me closer to Rushing to the shop Wallet In Hand, :D :D

Wolfau said:

I was dropped a hint from the distributor that possibly a small gold coil was in the works and not too far away.

Though speaking of XP distributors in Oz, there seems to be something going on at the moment with who has the rights as the sole distributor. It has been a real pain, still waiting for my unit a month after ordering. Ended up ordering the silcone cover, spare charging clip, and underwater aerial kit direct from France and only took a week to get here. :rolleyes:

Goldpick said:
Wolfau said:
I have reported a couple more that
Are not relevant just to be fair.

What you do from there its up to
You.

Feel free to delete this as well.

Thanks for the cleanup of the thread.

Its been a busy day for you.

Hopefully the hornets nest has long
Gone now.

To be fair, the Fisher and Sovereign posts have also been deleted to keep things on topic with the Deus, CTX and Whites detectors. Sorry I haven't kept up with the topic, had plenty of other things that required my undivided attention - like detecting. :cool:

At the end of the day, I'd rather let my finds do the talking rather than get caught up on whether this or that is better. ;)

No need to apoligise. You have done a great
Job in the way you have handled this.

This is a great forum sometimes its a
Matter of how you say something.

In the end though the person or people
That may not agree with you who you
Think is against you would be The first
to help you out if you needed help. I
Truly believe that. Great forum with
A great group of people.

Thanks Again.

Wolfau said:

i havent used the 9" coil but i have been interested in seeing how it performs and the 13inch coil looks pretty cool as well .

i would like the deus control box to be waterproof but its ok with a waterproof pouch i guess and id like the coil to have some sort of water cover for those 2 charging points .other than that i think the deus is the perfect machine .

Goldpick said:
Wolfau said:

I was dropped a hint from the distributor that possibly a small gold coil was in the works and not too far away.

Though speaking of XP distributors in Oz, there seems to be something going on at the moment with who has the rights as the sole distributor. It has been a real pain, still waiting for my unit a month after ordering. Ended up ordering the silcone cover, spare charging clip, and underwater aerial kit direct from France and only took a week to get here. :rolleyes:

As you have experienced I get my gear overseas.

Check this out.

Could not find part 1.

Have no idea how he hard wired a small
Coil on the deus. I saw this a while back.

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/rJkTpwZ0VLI[/video]

Goldpick said:
Wolfau said:

really oh man who did you order off .you should of just ordered from prospectors patch you would of had your unit in less than a few days .

yeh i spoke to xp a few weeks ago and they said that they are really trying to expand in australia because the machine has become so popular i was asking about the case but couldnt get it here so i was gonna have to order it from xp directly but alain i think his name was said hes not stopping till deus is big in australia .so thats some great news to see that xp is dedicated not only to its customers but making thier machine well known .

sorry to hear about your machine taking so long man thats a huge bummer i hope you get it soon .when you do you will love it :).

Wolfau said:

I Would have thought that ALL companies would have learnt by now Not to Release a Detector without a 6X10, They know people have asked for One on every Other machine, so while they are making machines handle ground better and making then more sensitive then surely They Know what the first thing they are going to ask for will be? :mad: :mad: :mad:

john