The Chinese economy from Australia's viewpoint.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are in a lot trouble,they have to buy our barley ,iron ore,beef,and other things.
These floods are really going to hurt them,then throw in the pandemic.and other problems,like falling exports.
They are creating distractions,like having a dust up with India,Hong kong,and Tiawain,thats what you do to keep your peoples mind on something else,and not the problems at home,like no jobs and food.

7.62marksman said:
Went to buy a tv for my caravan yesterday from Joyce Mayne and Harvev Norman
None were available in the small size i wanted as they come from china and they have no idea when they will be getting more in
Hard to find anything not made in China these days :mad:

Why not try Kogan-works for me.

7.62marksman said:
None were available in the small size i wanted as they come from china and they have no idea when they will be getting more in

Have you been to Kmart lately ?

Empty shelves galore.

The new booming job sector is positioning , that is researching new local sources for manufacturing of essentials and then we move down the list to non essentials as supply capabilities are refined.

The buzz is thats our only option because if you take a snapshot of what exists right now ..... its going to remain the same for a couple of years.

We are 6 months in and the global virus numbers are still exponential so expect 2 - 3 years of international travel mayhem and 3 - 5 years of reshuffled global manufacturing.

*even without new breakouts of other infectious diseases*

**even without a medium sized nuclear winter.**

Can we all sit down and ask what can I do

Because all of us if we think about it can do something , what can we supply / contribute / manufacture ?

We have a billion tons of talent going to waste.

What ideas do you have ?

CreviceSucker said:
7.62marksman said:

Empty shelves galore.

The new booming job sector is positioning , that is researching new local sources for manufacturing of essentials and then we move down the list to non essentials as supply capabilities are refined.

The buzz is thats our only option because if you take a snapshot of what exists right now ..... its going to remain the same for a couple of years.

We are 6 months in and the global virus numbers are still exponential so expect 2 - 3 years of international travel mayhem and 3 - 5 years of reshuffled global manufacturing.

Because all of us if we think about it can do something , what can we supply / contribute / manufacture ?

What ideas do you have ?

I'm making crack scratchers....

You don't get more Auusie than tools made by a bloke in his back shed.... ;)

Baz.

CreviceSucker said:
7.62marksman said:

Empty shelves galore.

What ideas do you have ?

Dunno about the billion tons of talent going to waste, this bloke has been trying for 2 years to get 2 workers............
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_sYWvw4mYc

Thomo said:
I'm trying my damnedest to not buy anything Chinese.

I find myself checking the labels on most things I buy and avoid anything from China.

Sadly when it comes to the economic dynamics of our relationship with China I think we all might find that they own the bat, the ball and the rule book.

goldtrapper said:
CreviceSucker said:
7.62marksman said:

Empty shelves galore.

What ideas do you have ?

Dunno about the billion tons of talent going to waste, this bloke has been trying for 2 years to get 2 workers............
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_sYWvw4mYc
plenty of work in Normanton to be had, I used to do seasonal work there and met some good people. Putitinya country :lol:

plenty of work in Normanton to be had, I used to do seasonal work there and met some good people. Putitinya country lol

Yer, maybe. Problem is I told the missus that the next time I return to Normanton, it will be to bulldoze the 5h17hole into the river. Being robbed is not one of my favorite past times.

Putitinya country maybe. I'm sure it's Takeitoffya country.

Nightjar said:
mudgee hunter said:
China can even make fake food!!!!

Japanese have been doing it for decades, their restaurants display the meals with the menu, and they do look like the real meal when it arrives on your table.

I have not been to Hungry Jacks or Mac Donalds for ages.. ever since they started serving cardboard burgers.
I find a $10 bbc chicken from Coles or Woolies yummy real food.. cheaper too. :|

Thomo said:

i been looking for a small DC welding machine around the $150 mark but they're all made in China.

UNTIL I found out that Ozito small tools are from Australia..New Zealand. They make a very nice small welder.

I mistakenly assumed that Ozito were from China also. Anyone heard anything to the contrary? :cool:

EVIE/BEE said:
Thomo said:

i been looking for a small DC welding machine around the $150 mark but they're all made in China.

UNTIL I found out that Ozito small tools are from Australia..New Zealand. They make a very nice small welder.

I mistakenly assumed that Ozito were from China also. Anyone heard anything to the contrary? :cool:
I would be surprised ozito stuff is not Chinese at there low price point. Some of the more expensive brands that appear American are also Chinese if you do look into it. Hard task avoiding Chinese stuff.

EVIE/BEE said:
Thomo said:

BTW can't recommend the cheap welder. Maybe as a stick welder but not the mig function. I know because I used to have one but had already used a better quality one so was a little disappointed.

EVIE/BEE said:
Thomo said:
Not mistakenly E/B
I have read on a couple of forums/blogs previously that although Ozito is an AU/NZ company, their tools are made in China, like so many others. I have seen how crap some of their tools can be.
Anyway, earlier this year I needed a cheap jigsaw for a weekend job while mine was out on loan to my brother, so I bought an Ozito.
This is a pic of the bottom of the box. Note it says 'Made in China'
1593949040_ozito_china.jpg

Latest posts