The 4WD tick off list - what items make the list?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget a good quality Air compressor.
The good ones aren't cheap, but the cheap ones arent good and won't last. They also take forever to inflate a tyre and will usually thermo cut-off or cook themselves doing 4x 4WD tyres on a hot day.

You can have all the tyre plugs in the world, but won't help if you can't pump the tyre back up ;)

Solar panels are a good thing.

And if you run a roof rack try and avoid putting anything heavy up there (tyres, jerry cans, water containers etc). It raises the centre of gravity of your car and can make rollovers a real risk. Also most roof mounts and gutters can only support a certain weight. The Rhino and Rola Roof Rack parts books will give you a max weight allowance for the roof of the vehicle. Ask at the store when you purchase or checkout their website for info.

Got under and took a look at the suspension tough dog foam cell shocks
1453262285_image.jpg

i love a good set of tyres ... these are not km2 these cost me 5 grand including the rims to suit and been on my other patrol wagon i had before the ute . they are bfg kx krawlers 35"x15"x13.5" rims are 15"x13" my truck has a 5" lift and it still managed to hit the top of the both gaurd arches . later pics i have black gaurds on with 33" tyres .. i changed the 4:11 diff ratios to 4:625 ratios to suit the 35" tyres and from perth to karratha it cost me 700 bucks in fuel one way with those tyres it has a 4.2 NA diesel . unstoppable just point and go .
i went 33" tyres a year later and halved my fuel use to 350 bucks to karratha from perth .

another item i recommend is a long range tanks for touring the less jerrys you carry the more room for other stuff and also a decent fuel/water separator . one more brake pads front and rear . sand and mud will chew them up real quick .

stalker said:
i love a good set of tyres ... these are not km2 these cost me 5 grand including the rims to suit and been on my other patrol wagon i had before the ute . they are bfg kx krawlers 35"x15"x13.5" rims are 15"x13" my truck has a 5" lift and it still managed to hit the top of the both gaurd arches . later pics i have black gaurds on with 33" tyres .. i changed the 4:11 diff ratios to 4:625 ratios to suit the 35" tyres and from perth to karratha it cost me 700 bucks in fuel one way with those tyres it has a 4.2 NA diesel . unstoppable just point and go .
i went 33" tyres a year later and halved my fuel use to 350 bucks to karratha from perth .

another item i recommend is a long range tanks for touring the less jerrys you carry the more room for other stuff and also a decent fuel/water separator . one more brake pads front and rear . sand and mud will chew them up real quick .

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u540/evil-stalker/Facebook/big%20wheels/475593_393195617371213_1729319715_o.jpg

$5,000 for tires & rims wow
Long range tank is something I will evenually have to look at my petrol is only 69 litres at the moment.

Latest posts