Tele Marketers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used to work in a call centre for a couple of years for a gas company, there is a trick to the telemarketing calls.

When you first pick up the phone, dont say ANYTHING, dont make a sound (make sure there is no TV noise in background etc, just hold hand over mic) , if you are silent for a few seconds, the computer at the other end connecting the calls has a fit and terminates the call, problem solved.

I have used this for many years and works a treat, putting yourself on the DNC register also works.

Happens a lot over at mums, I like to inform them that they have rung such n such police station talking to constable blah and start asking them for details. They usually hang up before I get to have any real fun

Bazz said:
How not to be on a list?

Don't get a credit card
Don't get finance
Don't buy and/or register a car
Don't buy a house
Don't get insurance
Don't buy a phone
Don't use any form of social media
Don't go to school

Get the point!!! and breathing is out too :cool:

Sorry to be so cynical, but like LL I'm having some issues with these suckers too...

Happy days
Bazz

You can add don't have a website or use third party advertising for work!

I receive about 30-50 emails per day and anywhere from 2-10 calls per day. Sure does waste a lot of time.

AtomRat said:
Happens a lot over at mums, I like to inform them that they have rung such n such police station talking to constable blah and start asking them for details. They usually hang up before I get to have any real fun
Very Brave
Is it not a crime to impersonate a Police Officer .
Only a thought .

dam it said:
AtomRat said:
Very Brave
Only a thought .
telling someone your this or that is no big deal but impersonating someone is a different thing altogether but i see your piont.

I've used the "house holder is dead" routine when they are trying to sell solar panels. And I go on to say "No one is living here right now and we are in here robbing the place before the family gets here to clean all the stuff out. Then I sing out "be careful of that Tele, we could get a lot of money for that. Then I get back to the caller saying "Sorry mate, what can I do for you, but you'll have to make it quick before the cops come. Normally he'll continue on with his speech about solar panels and that they have someone in the area. Then I sing out "bloody hell, we just hit the jackpot, We've found the old woman's jewelry. Then I say, "Mate about these solar panels. When we finish knocking over this joint there won't be anything left for the solar panels to work on. By this time they have normally hang up. If not I ask them if the guy that they have in the area is close by, because he can give us a hand removing the fridge. Then they hang up.
wombat

I have tried selling them useless items ( like 3.5" lengths of used garden hose ) over the phone.
Also tell them i am moving to a new house then they ask if i want the solar panels on the new house and i tell them i am moving to an area the sun never shines.

My brother did the hold the line a minute and explained an Alien spacecraft just landed in his back yard and a little green man is waving for him to come out and greet the aliens.

It can be fun giving a tele marketer a hard time by joking with them. ;)

When they ring me I ask them, either. did I ask you to ring me, Or Do I know you, Well **** off then :eek: :eek: :eek:

I got a real short fuse when it comes to idiots and the worse thing I can think up the better

Being over here has destroyed my tolerance levels,

John

dam it said:
AtomRat said:
Very Brave
Only a thought .
Constable Lars Pantsonfarz of Copperfield station isn't amused ;)

Latest posts