Smallest piece with an SDC

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are lucky there Isn't any small stuff in SA, cos this thread would be as flogged out as the 3 areas the government have happily released to us lucky fossickers :|

But if there's ever a lead shortage, I know a perfect patch :(
cheers,
Paul

paul_mac1 said:
jamie said:
Syndyne we love photos mate, don't hold out on us now

If your claiming to find gold with your SDC then you have to post pics, thems the rules, otherwise its just another yarn :D

cheers,
Paul

Yep, as Reeko said you're guys are very lucky Shauno is in NSW, you guys are also lucky Reeko is in NSW too, these 2 blokes are gold hunting machines. :D I've seen them in action plenty of times.

I'm looking forward to the next trip fellas.

Syndyne said:
Great to see the SDC's still going great guns.

I could add a couple little nug pics here, but they are probably of a similar size to most small bits already posted. They are as small as the tip of the Echidna's nose on a 5c piece. Haha!

My SDC has gone well so far over three trips. The count is: 416 nugs for a total of 52.57gm. The biggest of which weighs in at a mighty 1.08gm! :D

Still averaging 10-12 bits of lead shot and junk for each nug.
Keep up the great work gents!
Shauno.

Impressive figures quoted, you'll give Scrounger & dam it a run for their money with those figures. You could start a new thread between you 3, SDC championships :lol:

RM Outback said:
Syndyne said:
Great to see the SDC's still going great guns.

I could add a couple little nug pics here, but they are probably of a similar size to most small bits already posted. They are as small as the tip of the Echidna's nose on a 5c piece. Haha!

My SDC has gone well so far over three trips. The count is: 416 nugs for a total of 52.57gm. The biggest of which weighs in at a mighty 1.08gm! :D

Still averaging 10-12 bits of lead shot and junk for each nug.
Keep up the great work gents!
Shauno.

Impressive figures quoted, you'll give Scrounger & dam it a run for their money with those figures. You could start a new thread between you 3, SDC championships :lol:
We had one thread going for the biggest nug found with an sdc a while back and it soon faded because none of us were finding anything over about 3 grams :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pics? Too easy! :D

1469673293_sdc_gold2_copyshaun_galman_2016_.jpg

1469673317_sdc_gold_copyshaun_galman_2016.jpg

Left and right are from two separate patches.

Hope I can add to the biggest piece with the SDC next time out. Haha!
Kindest regards,
Shauno.

EDIT: If you combined my finds here with Mbasko, Heatho, Reeks, Steveo1 and Wally69's SDC finds from the same patches it would look very impressive.

Syndyne said:
Pics? Too easy! :D

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...69673293_sdc_gold2_copyshaun_galman_2016_.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1469673317_sdc_gold_copyshaun_galman_2016.jpg

Left and right are from two separate patches.

Hope I can add to the biggest piece with the SDC next time out. Haha!
Kindest regards,
Shauno.

Geez that must of took you ages to cut them, I find a cheese grater works best, lol

Lovely pictures, that's a little bit of heaven right there, Thanks for posting them.

John

Thanks all!

Don't worry Paul, I've pulled my share of lead too. Average (and I use that term loosely) about 10-12 lead shot for a bit of yellow. I've had a few days with just one tiny nug for near 100 tiny bits of lead bird shot -the 2-3mm pellets.

The way I look at it, other than just a great day out in nature, is if you're in gold country and the machine is picking up tiny lead shot etc. then it's never been hit thoroughly with the SDC or 7000. You're ahead of the rest if that's the case.

Hopefully the gold turns up for you soon mate. I did 2 good solid months of detecting for no result when I started out so I feel you there.

Kindest regards,
Shauno.

Thanks Shauno,
Im out of action for the next 4 months, crushed my foot at work and just had screws and wires put in my foot, so the only thing I can do with my sdc is look at it :(

keep up the good work.
cheers,
Paul

Hi guys I just bought a sdc hopefully it turns up by Friday so I can go out on the weekend hanging to try it out .
Anything I need to know about them I would apreciate any info cheers :)

Syndyne said:
Thanks all!

I've had a few days with just one tiny nug for near 100 tiny bits of lead bird shot -the 2-3mm pellets.

Kindest regards,
Shauno.

That's probaly the same few days I came out last time, lol. Same thing happened to me...... :lol:

Syndyne said:
Heatho said:
That's probaly the same few days I came out last time, lol. Same thing happened to me...... :lol:

I curse those pellets every time they drop and roll into the scoop. Haha!

They are a double edged sword, if they weren't there we'd know the patch was dry. But yes I curse them as well mate, damned pellets, aaarrrghhh.... :)

paul_mac1 said:
Thanks Shauno,
Im out of action for the next 4 months, crushed my foot at work and just had screws and wires put in my foot, so the only thing I can do with my sdc is look at it :(

keep up the good work.
cheers,
Paul

Bugger! Hope it heals up smoothly and you're back at it ASAP.

In the meantime it might pay to go through or pick up some map books and plan out a few areas to swing over?
I only get one detecting trip a year (two if I'm lucky) so I use the detecting vids on YouTube and old prospecting books to pass the time -not to mention seeing the great finds and reading the stories posted up here regularly.

There's just no other cure for gold fever. :D

We do really need to resurrect Wally69's Biggest SDC Piece soon> https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12230

All the best,
Shauno.

Latest posts