Shoalhaven River height at Oallen Ford NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know.
The whole mass is slow moving and is
spiraling around between Canberra and the coast.

Stuff it.
I am off to have a couple of refreshing Ale's. :beer: :beer:

Going to be interesting,

1604122702_radar_31oct_2020.jpg

Amazing to see that system break up so quickly.

I would say we will get a smattering of showers through the night clearing to a bright Sunny day tomorrow.

You ought to see me strawberries going off. LOL

Saw this pic of the new Oallen Ford bridge, taken at 8:30 this morning. River is still rising, so there is a good chance it will go under for the second time in two years.

It was supposed to be built to withstand a 1 in 100 year flood.

Last time there was a lot of movement of gravel, so it will be interesting to see what has happened this time, once the river level goes down.

On thing is for sure, the abandoned car that was under the bridge will be some distance down stream by now.

1616369353_oallen.jpg

DrDuck said:
Saw this pic of the new Oallen Ford bridge, taken at 8:30 this morning. River is still rising, so there is a good chance it will go under for the second time in two years.

It was supposed to be built to withstand a 1 in 100 year flood.

Last time there was a lot of movement of gravel, so it will be interesting to see what has happened this time, once the river level goes down.

On thing is for sure, the abandoned car that was under the bridge will be some distance down stream by now.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/158/1616369353_oallen.jpg
:eek: :eek:

DrDuck said:

And all traces of prospector activity and the supposed toxins/mercury/arsenic etc that they insist we disturb will be on their way downstream along with the breeding grounds of the fish who's habitat they also say we destroy ...... nothing beats a good flood to wipe out traces of our activity.

Just glad I live in Victoria (when it comes to prospecting/detecting anyway).

Teemore said:
DrDuck said:

And all traces of prospector activity and the supposed toxins/mercury/arsenic etc that they insist we disturb will be on their way downstream along with the breeding grounds of the fish who's habitat they also say we destroy ...... nothing beats a good flood to wipe out traces of our activity.

Just glad I live in Victoria (when it comes to prospecting/detecting anyway).
Yes I feel sorry for the Booroolong Frog at times like these.
They can't survive in a fossicking area, even with very low impact panning/detecting, so are no chance in these floods. O:)

Latest posts