sd 2000 or the sd 2100

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys need help which metal detector is better for nuggets in Victoria gold fields. I'm looking at buying sd 2000 or sd 2100, I'm told the sd 2100 is better for larger nuggets. Any advice will do and remember swing low to the ground and go slow. And also how do you upload pics to this site I'm on a mobile.

If you can push your budget a bit look for a 2200d .
If u are new to detecting you will find it far easier to master then its predecessor's in the 2000 & 2100.
The 2000 was a bit of a nightmare to use in my time owning one even tho I was reasonably experienced using various other detectors.

Each machine M/L bought out was an improvement over the last model, some gaps were small, some quite large.

a guide here = http://www.detectorprospector.com/g...ferences-between-minelab-sd-gp-gpx-models.htm

1421796027_2100.jpg

Hi Lucky Streak. Mate they were all good detectors in their day. I have a GP Extreme in my arsenal of beepers which is an awesome detector. I think at the end of the day it is what you feel comfortable with, they become old friends and some just feel right when you fire them up and start swinging. It comes down for the most bang for your buck, maybe look at the extras you get, which ever detector you choose, especially the coils. The more coils the better.
Cheers,
Matt

I wasn't going to add my bit tho' for the small additional cost I would get a SD2200 or onwards you will appreciate the Auto track..
I have a friend selling a GP3000 for $1800 it's very clean but needs a new battery, I'll give you a free lesson.

lucky streak said:
Hi guys need help which metal detector is better for nuggets in Victoria gold fields. I'm looking at buying sd 2000 or sd 2100, I'm told the sd 2100 is better for larger nuggets. Any advice will do and remember swing low to the ground and go slow. And also how do you upload pics to this site I'm on a mobile.

Image uploading... did you check the Forum Information topic, or even get inquisitive about the image icon at the top of the reply window..... success in this hobby starts and ends with mastering the "research" skill

casper