Sandblaster

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Guys I have a painted metal frame and I need to strip the paint off, also wouldn't mind doing the trailer one day and thought about getting a sand/soda/bead blaster for the job, can anyone recommend a gun/machine for under $200...thanks.

ebay?? yes looked at a lot but not sure what is junk or good, thus after some advice on what to get.

I got the gravity feed unit from sca it works well as long as u got a decent size compressor the gun is only $50 .

In order to do a good sandblasting job - the gun isn't as important as the compressor tank - you need a big tank if you want to blast for more than a minute or two as the gun needs sufficient pressure to work properly. Super Auto Cheap compressors are way too small ... Need at least a 200 litre tank and even then you will need to break every few minutes to let it fill up again ... I restore Mini Mokes which are similar in size to a trailer and I take the bodies to a local powdercoater who blasts them for $200 - done in a day, no mess, and professionally cleaned versus many days of blasting, making a mess, and upsetting the neighbours with the noise and floating mess ;). A bike frame would cost about $50

I have to agree with Paul, pay someone to do it if its bigger than a shoe box.
There are some cheap blast cabinets around but you need a good air supply for them to work successfully.
And take it from someone who used to maintain blast cabinets, they are a self destruct mechanism, everything wears out no matter what it is made of.

Latest posts