Rescue at the ford

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Ian i have missed that, and had plans to visit ford last weekend. Poor bugger

When are people going to learn that it's not a good
idea not to drive through flood waters :mad: :mad: i just spent
4days in grafton and did 3 of the same rescue's with the ses
Cheers GR...

Well look at it this way. If these iriotes did'nt do these stupid things, you'd miss the opportunity to put all your training into practice. I suppose it was a petrol with no snorkel. :p

A half hour detour through Braidwood doesn't seem to me to be a bad option for the risk of a possible life....Cheers Wal :)

More dangerous to walk it on streets, it might only be ankle deep but as it only takes for a manhole cover to be missing and bye. Our area flooded in feb 2011 now while our house was safe my sister was caught half way in an area likely to go under. I took my diesel landcruiser out got her & seen many, possible 100 vehicles abandoned due to getting in to deep. There was 100's more cars trying to get through flood water as this flood cut the Princess Hwy & fwy. Whilst out I wrap my bullbar with a big tarp & tied it around the front of my 4wd, as described in any serious 4wd river crossing Guide. I was the only person that I seen do this. People don't understand & this include's emergency services that sometimes it can't be avoided, but use com'en sense. It is not about going in water it's using your Brain cause that's what it for. Also with how deep water was & how many people were stuck in rising water. If people like me all phoned emergency services that day would have been a disaster. No lives were lost that day in our area but it could have been very different if nobody except emergency service helped.

Latest posts