Recommendations for a beginner's detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2300 is an Awesome detector!!

If it was in my budget to buy one as a first detector.... I would be taking my wife out for dinner!!

Thanks Simmo. I've been researching for ages and seems people are finding gold with this one

Interested to here if anyone has any cheaper options!

Simmo said:
The 2300 is an Awesome detector!!

If it was in my budget to buy one as a first detector.... I would be taking my wife out for dinner!!

Dont discount the QED. Australian made, half the price. There are some good videos on utube. See Goldman. Easy to set up & use. Some brand specific users will knock them but believe me they are very capable & very lite to swing. Good luck on your adventures. Research, Research, Research. Cheers.

Hi laweezaa. Welcome to the forum
Have you considered an Equinox 800 or Gold Monster
Both ar very capable machines.
The Equinox is a good all rounder for relic and gold
But in saying that you can't compare them to an SDC
for finding gold in heavily mineralised ground
It all comes down to price and where you will be using it
In my opinion, if you can afford an SDC and only chasing gold
And your main area is heavily mineralised.
You can't go wrong with the SDC
There is a lot of information on this forum. Just use the search button
at the top of the page. Also many YouTube comparisons between
various machines you can watch
Hope this helps
Merry Xmas

Banjo :cool:

aldi has a sale on this weekend but if you research the last few general pages you might be put off.

But i love my aldi gear it has lasted years.

The shorts are awsome as well.

Laweezaa said:
Hi, I'm new and looking for recommendations for a good mid range detector.

I've been looking at the Minelab SDC 2300 but think that might be stretching the budget .

Any recommendations welcome please :)
In order to be able to give proper recommendations you need to let us know what you're expecting from the detector i.e. prospecting only, interested in coins/relics too, beach work etc. & what your maximum budget is.

Hi people. Just picked up my second sdc 2300. as my first one was burnt in the last new year eve firers which I had for two years and loved it , didnt find tons of gold but kept on finding smell bits and that my friend is what keeps you going, its a great hobby and meeting people. even the price increase was no put off. a rugged machine and water proof. go for it if you can afford it , and easy the play with... ye ha...

Latest posts