Really Wierd animal scream out in the bush

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sound you heard was Bigfoot !
AKA - Yeti, Yowie, Wildman, Sasquatch, Abominable Snowman.
Google him, check out You Tube and do some research.
Some info is very fake. Some is very real.
The Government knows the Wildman exists they have DNA hair samples and body parts.
However if it was made public it would stuff the Darwin theory up and make the scientific community look like fools.
What you heard where most likely a warning scream! ( get the f*** off my property )
I probably wouldn't go back if I was you, especially with a riffle.
The Yowie has three times the strength of a silver back gorilla and could tear you apart like a cooked chicken.
Some of you may laugh at what I am saying. Do your research before make a judgment.

Lambs73 said:
Hi gcause,

Awesome story mate, have you ever heard a koala. I call them creepy koala's or wolverines. They're no sweet cuddly furry animal.
They are a doped up creepy wolverine's. Hiding up in the tree, waiting for bush walkers and sightseeing tourist.
When they growl they sound freaky.

People go missing in the bush, I'd blame the koala. Lol

Heard plenty of Koalas they have a grunting noise and squeal if upset.

They are my favourite Australian native animal not because they are cute and furry but because they just love to pee all over politicians :D

Sorry guys I probably need to fess up, I usually eat sensibly when I go camping but the other day I cooked a really mean curry. Needless to say there was some pretty unusual growling emanating from my stomach and the tin shearing shed outhouse resonated even more disturbing sounds a little later in the morning.

You think you are in the middle of nowhere and keep these things all to yourself but on a clear morning awful sounds can carry for miles. :8

richo966 said:
could have been a big cat a panther a lot of farmers around here talk about animal kills they have found with big claw marks not wild dog kills some thing big is killing animals may be some thing similar up your way :)

No I was searching for a sound file to post of something similar last night I did think of a Panther but from the ones I heard on YouTube last night they have a uniquely cat like growl / roar this was more bear like at the start deep and gutteral and then almost like a horse in pain at the end high pitched.

GoldCheddar2005 said:
20xwater said:
i first thought of a lyrebird but now know they aren't found any more north than around the goldcoast area...thought of a red deer stags screaming roar in the rut but that ends in april, they mash their antlers against small trees to(got video footage)...sound recorder on a phone?...back you go grant :lol: :cool:

20x you may have it right there, there are deer up at Mareeba all over the tablelands. That's what I think it may be! Canadian Elk
Found this site last night with deer calls as I thought it might have been that also:

http://www.biggamehunteraustralia.com/deer_sounds.html

The Red Stag roaring clip is probably the closest to the start of the roar/scream we heard. But the one we heard started out like a pig being strangled or in pain and was long and sustained and what ever made it would have had to have a large lung capacity. The rest of the roar/scream sounded nothing like that but more like a horse in pain, more high pitched.

It started just as I opened the door and I was able to get out of my Troopy and walk around the other side of it and the roar/scream was still going, it stopped shortly after that. I walked down the hill a bit to the start of the tall grass and then the second one started and again it was long and sustained but not as loud and in the distance rather than close by like the first one.

Here are the photos I took at the lookout, it was overcast so you couldn't get a good view:

1402791427_img_1475.jpg

1402791427_img_1469.jpg

1402791427_img_1470.jpg

1402791427_img_1472.jpg

After the long grass it drops away into a valley with thick bush. In the distance there are farms in the bottom of the valley and there was a herd of cows but the sound wasn't coming from that direction and it definitely didn't sound like a cow. We didn't hang about long enough to take more photos.

Ok gcause im just gonna throw this out there.
I dont know what type of animals are found in your neck of the woods but could it just be possible you heard the bellowing coming from a Camel ?
Many many years ago as a young teenager a few mates told me that they heard a "Yeti" in the Warragamba area one night.
To cut a long story short we got there in the middle of the night and my mates started to yell towards the valley into the darkness.
I was literally peeing myself laughing at these blokes as they yelled into nothingness.
I kid you not when all of a sudden this loud gutteral groan,burble,yell just echoed and echoed back up through the valley.
If my testicles hadent dropped by then, they did that night. Scared the crap out of me then and there.
I was back in the car, buckled up and ready to drive off in a matter of seconds.
Needless to say the guys were laughing at me,..... :)
We were later told that the noises were from a rogue camel that lived in the area
Just a thought mate

ChrisM said:
Ok gcause im just gonna throw this out there.
I dont know what type of animals are found in your neck of the woods but could it just be possible you heard the bellowing coming from a Camel ?
Many many years ago as a young teenager a few mates told me that they heard a "Yeti" in the Warragamba area one night.
To cut a long story short we got there in the middle of the night and my mates started to yell towards the valley into the darkness.
I was literally peeing myself laughing at these blokes as they yelled into nothingness.
I kid you not when all of a sudden this loud gutteral groan,burble,yell just echoed and echoed back up through the valley.
If my testicles hadent dropped by then, they did that night. Scared the crap out of me then and there.
I was back in the car, buckled up and ready to drive off in a matter of seconds.
Needless to say the guys were laughing at me,..... :)
We were later told that the noises were from a rogue camel that lived in the area
Just a thought mate
Great story but no like you said they give a loud burble sound but it is deep and gutteral and if it were late at night and you didn't know what it was it would scare the crap out of you on a still night. :D I know they had pack donkeys in the area back in the day so they may be running around wild but it wasn't one of them either.

the manbearpig looks like tony abbot I wonder if it is as stupid as he is did you hear him say ye ho when he put on cow boy hat what next :)

You sure it wasn't the sound of "an angry wife"? I've heard similar noises before bellowing from a 5ft woman who isn't happy. Happens a lot around my area. lol

Twapster said:
You sure it wasn't the sound of "an angry wife"? I've heard similar noises before bellowing from a 5ft woman who isn't happy. Happens a lot around my area. lol
I think you are on to something there as I have heard the same around my place. Simply terrifying :eek:

Yeah I agree with Ryan27- definitely a Yowie!

You can search for Sasquatch audio recordings/compilations on youtube to get some comparisons. The tree knocking you described is a common attribute of Sasquatch and Bigfoot behaviour in reports all over the U.S. and other countries too. It must have been pretty pissed off as you were probably in his territory! or you were blocking his hunting route.

You can also sent a report to yowiehunters.com.au and they have heaps of old and new reports just like yours!

Hope this helps.

richo966 said:
the manbearpig looks like tony abbot I wonder if it is as stupid as he is did you hear him say ye ho when he put on cow boy hat what next :)

I missed that one but I did hear him say he was visiting CANADIA (he meant CANADA) the other day...OMG...who put him in office its embarrassing that he is representing Australia overseas :8

Latest posts