Question about charcoal when detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Gypsy
Mainly the broad wide responses as if I get a narrow repeatable response I always dig just in case . Broad I generally scratch and it goes away a bit so think just noise but as you said have dug some broad ones that get better when you remove some dirt and gets the old pumper racing only to find the nothing there but that's better than not knowing. I've only ever dug the good stuff at about 3 inch max so just don't have the expirence on deeper bits apart from junk that squeals. Only get out about once a month for a few days so hard to remember what I think I learnt last time plus been spoilt with sdc ( so easy to use) need to put it away for awhile and really learn the 5000.thanks for the info will have to remember for next trip, much appreciated

Bjay.....no worries buddy, sounds to me like your doing all the right things to get ya started. :D

An old adage i was quoted; "If in Doubt...Dig it Out!!!"

Gypsy

Charcoal will give afairly broad but "worth investigating" signal. Not likely in mullock heaps tho' more likely in virgin ground from old bushfire remains. However dig it out!!! Twice I have found nice nuggets beneath charcoal.
longjok

Latest posts