problems with ace 150.help please

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 to what mbasko said, change the batteries, disconnect and reconnect the coil, check the coil cable for damage.

Has the detector been directly exposed to water, hot or high humidity conditions?

I changed the batteries but had only 1.2 watts and had the same problem. I now buy a more alkaline watts. I did the reset and now it seems that everything is fine. it seems that the problem was in the power of the batteries. thank you all for your attention

Hi All,

Would an ace 150 be a good unit for a beginner ?

I have been buying silver bullion for a while now and have now become interested in metal detecting.

I am not looking to find silver I am looking for really anything just want to wander my local bush and see what shows up!

I live near a lot of land and have land up Goulburn area 600 acres so would be interesting to see what can be found.

While I am at it if anyone has a second hand ace 150 or similar I would be interested!

Thanks all any tips or advice would be apriciated.

Dont think the 150 has pinpointing, better the 250. The xterra 305 be a good choice as well.

I have heard a few people say pinpointing what does that exactly mean?

Sorry I assume this is a basic term but I am really green to this all!

I have worked out the 150 is a basic unit but thought I would go cheap and basic (but half decent) to start out.

Cheers

It locates the position of the target, you can dig exactly where, it should be. Have a look at some youtube videos on it.

Cheers

Have watched a few videos on YT most I see they use the handheld detectors is that the same thing?

Been watching diggin dan the guy seem a bit eccentric but very funny at the same time. That's what I have seem him use.

Cheers

Most use the pinpoint mode on the detector to roughly locate the target (plus most will tell you the approximate depth as well), then they use a hand held electronic pinpointer to zero in on the exact spot, allowing accurate excavation of the target without having to dig a massive hole. The hand held pinpointer saves a lot of time and frustration, especially trying to locate small metal targets, whilst also helping to minimise damage to both the coin/relic and grassed areas. :)

Latest posts