Park hunting with the Garrett At Pro.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i visit my local coin shop each week if you want me to look out for that year in better condition

Sa_bogan said:
i visit my local coin shop each week if you want me to look out for that year in better condition
A couple would be good, X2 don't have to be super exceptional. Just pm me with price postage and some bank details and I'll make it happen. Cheers mate.

Another quick swing on the way home from arvo shift. Doing about an hour each time. Really getting to know the AT Pro now. Pretty much know what I am going dig up before I start digging.
The half penny seems to have been cut by something pretty sharp. The 10 cent piece was sunbaking, (moonbaking?). Saw it before I swung the detector over it.

1412727202_20141008_103037_copy.jpg

good onya Ramjet, looks to be predominately predecimal,...and it's nice to see a Florin hit the light of moon.

Goldpick said:
Nice work, how's the florin, is it just dirty, or was it touched by the mower as well? :)

Yeah it's just dirty. As per much advice I don't clean them much now. I would like to know how to clean the pennies just enough to see the date though.

silver said:
good onya Ramjet, looks to be predominately predecimal,...and it's nice to see a Florin hit the light of moon.

Yes the Pre decimal ratio is good so far. I could do without the 2 cent pieces though. ;) Would obviously love more silver. Haven't found and sixpence or threepence yet. So far for this site I have 3 visits, about 4 hours total for 25 coins. Not bad. I usually only do about an hour on my way home from arvo shift. Nice and peaceful. I did see a guy walking his dogs last night. He asked if I watched American Digger. I gave him my opinion of Rick ;)

Look for dates on the pennies.

A 1930 is like a 5oz nugget, way more in good nick!

Very rare, only about 3 or 4 thousand ever went into circulation from memory.

"The 1930 penny is one of the rarest Australian coins, due to a very small number being minted.
It is highly sought after by coin collectors, and a 1930 penny in very fine condition can be worth A$45,000 or more"

Regards

Metamorphic said:
Look for dates on the pennies.

A 1930 is like a 5oz nugget, way more in good nick!

Very rare, only about 3 or 4 thousand ever went into circulation from memory.

"The 1930 penny is one of the rarest Australian coins, due to a very small number being minted.
It is highly sought after by coin collectors, and a 1930 penny in very fine condition can be worth A$45,000 or more"

Regards

Thanks Metamorphic. I want to be able to read the dates but don't want to ruin any value the coins may have. Some are pretty crusty.

What detector are you using Ramjet, because with the ACE250 the smaller silvers sound like a light scratchy noise as you scan over them if they are a bit deeper, that's how I snag some of them.

I use an At Pro Silver. The park I am hunting at the moment is very trashy. I am sure I am missing some coins, specially the small ones. I sometimes get a faint, scratchy high tone but with a lower tone very near it. I choose not to dig unless I am certain. All a learning curve. The ground is pretty dry and hard at the moment. Not keen on digging 8 plus inches on a maybe ;)

I'm sure they will come eventually.

have a look here Ramjet, https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7497 some of these links may have some relevant info within the Forum that you could maybe incorporate into your search methods.(I see the A T in the thread name,....if it was a snake I'd a been bit) haha.

(you may have to look up and down those threads a bit sometimes as it doesn't always go strait to the relevant info)

silver said:
(I see the A T in the thread name,....if it was a snake I'd a been bit) haha.

I ain't sayin nothin!!! :D ;)

I really need to go back and read some info on my machine. I didn't use it much for many months for various reasons. Back into it now though. Time for a refresher.
Thanks for the links. I'll check them out when I get time. Off to work now unfortunately 8.(

Have fun at work, I gotta see the lunar eclipse through the clouds with the kids,.... again,...and again,....and again,..it's beautiful.

Latest posts