Overdue prospector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nullagine Police

Verified account

@NullaginePol
Apr 16

An overdue prospector was rescued by Nullagine Police after he walked over 15 kilometres for help in remote desert 2 hours north of Nullagine. We fortunately found him walking on a remote road. A big thanks to his close friend for calling us. We are thankful he is safe and well.

Easy to do - I hung up my vehicle (alone) in a gully east of Nullagine and had to walk across country on a compass bearing without a track to the Blue Spec mine (1970?). Lucky I survived (22 and green, but not nearly as dumb as my employers who sent this greenhorn there straight out of Melbourne in mid-summer).

Glad he was found....

goldierocks said:
Easy to do - I hung up my vehicle (alone) in a gully east of Nullagine and had to walk across country on a compass bearing without a track to the Blue Spec mine (1970?). Lucky I survived (22 and green, but not nearly as dumb as my employers who sent this greenhorn there straight out of Melbourne in mid-summer).

Glad he was found....

Problem now is goldierocks that no one is at the Blue Spec mine any more, they even bulldozed all the accommodation units into a pile and burnt the lot . Talk is the whole place, including the old plant buildings, sheds etc are going to go as well.

goldierocks said:

Glad he was found....

Baptism of fire for sure!

Latest posts