operation

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
To all the lucky people who can swing a detector in the next few cooler days. I will be not so lucky, actually I'm a little bit scared. Today I'm going into one of the Geelong hospitals , and tomorrow they will operate on my spine, I'm having a lumbar laminectomy, hopefully that will fix my back and walking problems. Hopefully I will see you soon in the bush. Cheers, Hermann.

Hope it all goes well for you Hermann.

Last week my GP told me that I require anterior cervical discectomy and spine fusion (ACDF) to fix an ongoing problem with chronic neck pain.

"Like hell I do," says me, "just prescribe something to deaden the pain and we'll leave it at that."

Jeff

Gents, I have had both of these done. The Laminectomy/Discectomy were ok and relieved some pain but it got worse so I've had L1/2 fused and have 2 leads up my epidural tract for the spinal implant to work on scrambling my pain signals.
After my heart attack I was zapped with the defib unit and it destryoed the implanted batt contol box. So back to square one. Waiting for the ok from the heart surgeon to have the implant replaced .
Good luck to both of you. :)

snafu said:

Last week my GP told me that I require anterior cervical discectomy and spine fusion (ACDF) to fix an ongoing problem with chronic neck pain.

"Like hell I do," says me, "just prescribe something to deaden the pain and we'll leave it at that."

Jeff
Learn something everyday ! Never knew blokes had a cervical anything but we do.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Herman and look forward to seeing you at the next camp fire :fire:

Cheers mate :clap:

Goldfreak said:
snafu said:

Jeff
Learn something everyday ! Never knew blokes had a cervical anything but we do.

Yeah, I was the same, Goldfreak, always thought it had nothing to do with blokes.

I'm sure what's buggered my cervical gizmo up is spending too much time digging underground - it creates a lot of aches and pains for little reward most days, but I aint giving up. There's a nice pocket of stone in here somewhere - I can sense it.

1549343450_123_a_side_drive_off_the_main_one.jpg

Jeff

I wish you all the best and I know how you feel but there is no need to worry because they are very skilled people and they will have you up and running in no time,

Good luck with the OP and well see you when you have had your Tune Up :Y: :power:

John.

Hermann, if your reading this, then youre probably in recovery mate and feeling like youve been through the wringer.
Chin up pal and before you know it youll be back doing what you love with a new lease of life..... they can work wonders with their skills these days.
Hope to catch up again when youre on the mend.

Latest posts