omeo area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reefer

Ross Langlands
Reaction score
hi to all, just wondering about the Omeo area of victoria...have a relie with property ther about 8K's south west of town is there a reference to this area on the forum and also how do i get the overlay jazzy thingo for Google that shows old leads and stuff. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. After so many years visiting this goldfield and that i finally come around to giving the hightech way a bit of go, but i'm old and partly senile ...hehe so be gentle with me people...cheers Rossco

http://www.omeoregion.com.au/images/stories/omeo-region-map.pdf

Hi Reefer, Omeo is a really interesting are with quite a bit of history. My advice would be to get out in the goldfield with a pan and head for the nearest creek, get your bearings set and swing your detector around the mullocks. From memory there is a reasonably large chinese area up that way, so if you dont have much luck with the shiny stuff you can always dig a few chinese coins ;)

Average Joe, Thanks mate for the info you gave me..looks like there is not much around the area of Hawkedale rd where the property is...but i would'nt dicount what the detector might have to say...hehe thanksagain ans may lady luck fall into your arms..hehe cheers Rossco

Latest posts