OK, The Jeep WK2 Grand Cherokee does have one weakness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now have the Jeep's roof repaired and strengthened and the new Uneek rack on.
Have increased dynamic carrying capacity from 36kg to 125kg.
I have stressed that car's roof loading like two drunken Arabs: Hammered and Morehammered, but it survives...... Sorry Jeep bashers :p
That weight loading increase will do, as I've still more long tough trails to do.
Damn but I wish that I'd done that from day 1 :mad:

BigWave said:
Now have the Jeep's roof repaired and strengthened and the new Uneek rack on.
Have increased dynamic carrying capacity from 36kg to 125kg.
I have hammered that car like two drunken Arabs: Hammered and Morehammered
That increase will do, as I've still more long tough trails to do.
Damn but I wish that I'd done that from day 1 :mad:
Careful with the PC crew, maybe should be two drunken monkeys like from years ago as the saying went! Errr, maybe not, PETA will probably hit on that. Maybe Two Drunken Snails will do. Though probably that will draw fire too from the "People For Ethical Love Of Slimy Things With Shells"! :lol:

JD3 said:
Careful with the PC crew, maybe should be two drunken monkeys like from years ago as the saying went! Errr, maybe not, PETA will probably hit on that. Maybe Two Drunken Snails will do. Though probably that will draw fire too from the "People For Ethical Love Of Slimy Things With Shells"! :lol:
Que? Can I have some of that stuff you're smoking?

BigWave said:
JD3 said:
Que? Can I have some of that stuff you're smoking?
:lol: Only grows in Central Vic. Told it disintegrates when it crosses the border! So im told by others! :lol:
Could be a Govt add in to our water supply though to keep us dumbed down, some say we dont need it. Have no idea what they mean by that though! :drooling: :awful: :rolleyes: :playful:

I have two jeeps and they are the best cars I have owned in 30 years of car ownership. The WK2 is an outstanding touring/towing car, I regularly get over 2100km out of the 168L it carries and it has enough power that overtaking roadtrains when towing 3000kg is
a simple exercise.
So glad that I ignored all the my cousin brother in-law best friend knew a bloke that had a work mate that had a shit Jeep type comments.

1592089311_78ec3044-3e08-4a6d-b23f-5ed195977a6e.jpg

So glad that I ignored all the my cousin brother in-law best friend knew a bloke that had a work mate that had a shite Jeep type comments.

Same here. My 2016 75th Anniversary Grand Cherokee has been awesome. Plenty of grunt to tow our 20 ft van.

Goldfreak said:
Are the wranglers in diesel any good?

Pre about 2011 they had the same sort of issues with main bearings as the 80series turbo diesel had.
There is no real advantage to a diesel in a wrangler, just get a 3.6 V6 and thrash it.

Glad you guys are loving your Jeep WK2 Grand Cherokee bashing :lol:
Keep your trash buckets.
146kms and no issues. I expect at least 500kms till I'm 75.
My roof has now been strengthened from 36kg to 125kg dynamic.
Now on par with the best.
Keep Jeep bashing - I'm loving it :p

Swinging & digging said:
Jeep? Is that TV add slogan, "should have bought a Jeep".

I spent 6 months in Canada in 1992 and there were lots of the late model station wagons on the road.
Went to the USA twice in 2011 & 2013, asked my very good friend who i was staying with why there was very few Jeeps on the roads?
I was in a rural state and rural mountain area, his reply complete and other garbage, worst USA built car and hated by the majority of Americans! :N: :poop: :poop: :poop:
He was just about to pull over and kick me out of the car for mentioning the brand. :eek:

In Australia a mate of mine had one for a few years, never really liked it at it did give some trouble.
A guy i work with has his second Jeep, first one written off in an accident, keeps telling us how good they are till we remind him about the repair bills and breakdowns he whinges and moans about. :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: Pit.

I think Toyota makes way better reliable cars.

Really brings them out of the woodwork , everyone seems to have a little Jeep story they like to tell :rolleyes:

Its a bit strange because pre virus Jeep was selling just under 1,000,000 cars a year in the US :D . Sales records for the last couple of years :D .

How many Landcruisers does Toyota sell per year in the US you might ask ?? They sell about 3000 per year , yes 3 bloody thousand per year !!!

It seems that the yanks know overpriced , over rated pieces of crap when they see them :eek: .

steve f said:
Goldfreak
what planet do you hail from.
an open minded planet with limited cash :lol: I have only ever had second hand cars. Have seen some older early 1990s model Jeeps fail in interesting ways but now the later models are coming into my price range that I know little about I might take anouther look. BigWave seems happy with his Jeep even if it is breaking up :playful: . My last car cost me $3000 and had 120000kms on it. I sold it a few years later with 580000kms on it for $1000 and only ever changed filters oil etc. I guess I was lucky there. Have even been thinking about a a terrano 2 but they are getting a bit old now. Want something reliable, doesn't have to have to be super quick and if you scratch it while out bush it it's not the end of the world because you don't care about resale anyway.

2015 Cherry Red Pearl. V6 Petrol. Best car Ive owned, several trips to Qld and Back, towing the NOOKEE, fully loaded, hasnt missed a beat. Missus wont let me use it for detecting although it goes to the Dunolly Bakery from time to time. BWVe and DGnt, met you both and your driving Top Gear
:perfect:
1592177465_6a8e4b33-2fc6-4ad2-a4b9-4dfa13888f4b.jpg

1592194931_1592177465_364c69f6-e3b0-41e8-8366-a1567ff147dd.jpg

1592177465_2d2a906c-876d-4854-9769-dc7d850e72a4.jpeg

Leroy, I'm not supposed to take mine prospecting either but do occasionally if we have used the jeep to tow the van to an area i can prospect in. I just put a doona in the back (with the seats laid down). That protects the inside from scratches from my gear.

She might be a little annoyed if she saw the last track I climbed in it. Their actually quite a capable offroad vehicle.

Latest posts