OK, The Jeep WK2 Grand Cherokee does have one weakness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Magoo said:
Keitzy said:
Mr Magoo said:
That's all standard repairs, nothing to write home about. The problem occurs in the auto electrical/engine management side of it. Get a problem there and things will get sticky.

Which years has the electrical probs.?

It's not the years, it's the availability of information. U S of A has different emission laws from Straya, therefore the ECU's are programmed differently, blah, blah, etc, etc.

Edit: The correct wiring diagrams are very hard/impossible to get hold of.

Incorrect. factory schematics are easy to get and usually the same as Californian models. I down loaded factory manuals with all the relevant details no worries.

and electronics are Bosch fuel pumps, Denso starters, NGK O2 sensors and the like. nothing special their. you can get after market ECU's from the states from Wrangler Fix and they are extremely reliable anyway. faults usually occur when shorting out due to not disconnecting while working on them and the like

check out young Aussie adventurer Dan Grec who drove a TJ '97-2006 model Wrangler from top of Alaska to bottom of South America continent with no probs.

then a couple of years later he bought JK four door Wrangler and drove 80,000 kilometers through out Africa covering every country there. not exactly a walk in the park. [video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTjMp-kX7Ac[/video]

one spot in Africa he stopped to take a photo and didnt apply the hand brake properly, the thing rolled back over a 3' ledge and rolled on it's side. with some help he righted it and it started ok with little damage and continued his journey

Mr Marie's dad was flying into Esperance on Thursday night and they planned to spend the next week checking out the local attractions like Cape Le Grand National Park.........shouldn't some one tell his Dad about quarantine requirements or is WA different? Glad he was OK.

My WK2 Diesel tows my van at around 12.8L/100k at ~95kmph
With it's torque (equivalent to the V8 hemi), I hardly even know it's there.
Car roof fixed and Uneek rack installed. Can now load 125kg dynamic, so can get some diesel and water up there.
Sold the RhinoRack to a tradie who doesn't 4*4, so all's good..... he was happy.
Am getting the driver's seat warmer repaired next week - great for a wrecked back on a sub-zero morning :D
Apart from that and this damn Melbourne COVID lock-down, I'm raring to go tackle some more nasties.
You Jeep bashers are a bit light-on atm??????

"You jeep bashers are a bit light-on atm....."

Nah We are not allowed to be mean anymore... :playful:

Just stay away from Salt Lakes and you should be fine....

Bet you are chomping at the bit to get away Bigwave... :Y:

LW...

BigWave said:
My WK2 Diesel tows my van at around 12.8L/100k at ~95kmph
With it's torque (equivalent to the V8 hemi), I hardly even know it's there.
Car roof fixed and Uneek rack installed. Can now load 125kg dynamic, so can get some diesel and water up there.
Sold the RhinoRack to a tradie who doesn't 4*4, so all's good..... he was happy.
Am getting the driver's seat warmer repaired next week - great for a wrecked back on a sub-zero morning :D
Apart from that and this damn Melbourne COVID lock-down, I'm raring to go tackle some more nasties.
You Jeep bashers are a bit light-on atm??????
good to hear your Weep is coming along with the repairs Bigwave.
hope for everyones sake the virus fades soon & the lockdowns are lifted so everyone can get out n about :goldnugget: :goldpan: :pickshovel: :Y:

Latest posts