Oallen Forde - The Good, The Bad and the "Really UGLY"

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the before and after pics of the dump pile left by some grubs at Oallen. We found an envelope addressed to the 'Occupier' - hmmm what should I do with this? There was half a bottle shop and even one unopened bottle of Vodka....also a broken glass Bong. I gotta say, there were quite a gathering of (not sure what to call em) idiots springs to mind that were camping in the top camping area....where do these people come from and what a shame they pick this spot to camp :(

We ventured further downstream and found that site with the mattress and lots more rubbish left as if that was the norm. I just don't understand it.

Anyway, it turned out to be a really good spot to camp for the couple of days we were there. Found our first ever gold, our panning skills are still crap so decided to take our bucket home to sort out here - also and met three members from PA. We'll be back next weekend as long as the weather is ok.
THE UGLY
1395616892_001-optimized.jpg

PROGRESS
1395617017_008-optimized.jpg

A NICE PLACE TO CAMP AFTER ALL (a few bottles of beer fortified us through it all)
1395617451_010-optimized.jpg

WHERE THE IDIOTS RESIDE (or some of em)
1395617204_016-optimized.jpg

Ahh, back from the Ford, nice place except for a handful, riding their bikes and playing doof doof music to all hours of the early morning.
As Penfooey has posted the rubbish has gone to the dump, unfortunately you turn around and there's more, by the way, Banksy and Greg,
thanks for the directions to the tip and if the gate is shut leave it at the gate, not a good idea, the chap told us he has been going thru
the rubbish looking for I.D and sending fines out, all should take note. Hoping to get back there next weekend, thanks Mad Mike for the directions, will come in handy next weekend.

Harro.
You and penfooey are bloody ledgends
Im down there next weekend with my young bloke hopefully so will have go find some beer for your hard work .
Thanks guys

As nugget said thanks.
Great to meet you guys . And yes that music was anoying but they did get their ute stuck down to the axel from doing circle work in the sand and were digging it out but getting it stuck deeper in a hole so karma bit their arse lol
:lol: :lol:

That sort of thing sh!ts me to tears hey. Tossers can always carry boxes of grog in full, but can never seem to carry them out when empty. Then you get the nobs who smash the bottles in the water...... I have about 45 stitches from finding the broken glass a few times now. :mad: I have left swimming holes with half a boot load of some grubs garbage on more than one occasion and had a great day cut short to spend the next 9 or so hours at a hospital.

Penfooey YOU are a champion for cleaning up that pile of crap. I wish there were less grubs like them and more good people like yourself.

Thank YOU :)

Good one penfooey, interesting they even take mail with them.

Doesnt take much to burn the beer boxes and fill a garbage bag and drop off in a bin.

Shame on them.

That sort of thing sh!ts me to tears hey. Tossers can always carry boxes of grog in full, but can never seem to carry them out when empty. Then you get the nobs who smash the bottles in the water...... I have about 45 stitches from finding the broken glass a few times now. mad I have left swimming holes with half a boot load of some grubs garbage on more than one occasion and had a great day cut short to spend the next 9 or so hours at a hospital.

cheers :)

mad Mike said:
As nugget said thanks.
Great to meet you guys . And yes that music was anoying but they did get their ute stuck down to the axel from doing circle work in the sand and were digging it out but getting it stuck deeper in a hole so karma bit their arse lol
:lol: :lol:

Yeah that sounds like a good outcome for them and we believe in karma - sucks to be them ha ha. Great meeting you too.

So who gets the job of writing a letter to that address .... Needs to look official ....Mention the drug paraphernalia and hope that gets their attention .
We can only hope that they don't come back .
Steve .

Cuckoowaif said:
So who gets the job of writing a letter to that address .... Needs to look official ....Mention the drug paraphernalia and hope that gets their attention .
We can only hope that they don't come back .
Steve .

Interesting thought. Anyone good at writing letters??

actually some councils have staff whose sole job is to dig through rubbish thats been illegally dumped and find documents like that so they can prosecute people for it

serves them right and i hope they get their ass smacked.

contact police at Shoalhaven and ask their opinion , just mention you are a member of a hobbyist gold prospectors club who cleaned up somebody elses rubbish , and ask if they have any policy to investigate illegal dumping like that ?

thankyou kindly

Well done Lads with cleaning up after the GRUBS, the rangers will have great delight in finding the occupier and sending them fine.

On another note, I was planning to visit the Forde this coming weekend with a friend on Saturday. With all of this rain that we are getting at the moment, a delay in that plan may be required.
Having said that, I will be in Nowra for work tomorrow as planned for 1/2 day. So I will scoot up to the Forde for a look and report back tomorrow night to let everyone know about the river level.
Has there been any heavy rain in the Canberra/Braidwood region today?

Again well done lads.

Peter. :cool:

That address is a luxury apartment block, so the grubs are not houso's, but worse, yuppie scum (apologies to any Housos.) Rent for a 1 bedroom apartment is over $500 per week.

Here is the rental listing for number 1 in that block:

STUNNING LIFESTYLE EXECUTIVE APARTMENT
Available 1st June 2013 = Prestigiously positioned in the highly sought after "Centennial Apartments" complex designed by architect Jackson Teece and boasting outstanding lifestyle features sits this immaculately presented one bedroom executive apartment.
THE PROPERTY
= Tri-aspect sundrenched north facing apartment with common tranquil landscaped manicured gardens
= One large master bedroom with built in wardrobes, brand new carpet and private courtyard
= One oversized bathroom with bath
= One undercover secure car space
THE FEATURES
= Huge air conditioned open plan living and dining area saturated in natural light flowing to second private courtyard perfect for entertaining
= Chef's dream gourmet granite gas kitchen, plantation shutters and bamboo flooring
= Internal laundry with storage
THE AREA
= Just moments from cosmopolitan Glebe's famous cafes and award winning restaurants, shopping and markets as well as Annandale Village and waterfront Jubilee Park
Register for an inspection online now at www.trueproperty.com.au

http://house.ksou.cn/rp.php?id=365620&sta=nsw&q=Glebe

Its a large problem this rubbish dumping in prospecting spots, and even just in the bush and camping areas, we are doing the same thing down in victoria, cleaning up the areas we prospect, its a top thing to do, well done penfooey, your a credit to decent folk every where mate............. ;)

pjg100 said:
Well done Lads with cleaning up after the GRUBS, the rangers will have great delight in finding the occupier and sending them fine.

On another note, I was planning to visit the Forde this coming weekend with a friend on Saturday. With all of this rain that we are getting at the moment, a delay in that plan may be required.
Having said that, I will be in Nowra for work tomorrow as planned for 1/2 day. So I will scoot up to the Forde for a look and report back tomorrow night to let everyone know about the river level.
Has there been any heavy rain in the Canberra/Braidwood region today?

Again well done lads.

Peter. :cool:

Hi Peter,

As of 2030 hours march 24 all three water gauges above the ford on the shoalhaven show no rise and there has been little rain at Braidwood.

links to the gauges

http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDN60234/IDN60234.070335.plt.shtml

http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDN60234/IDN60234.570037.plt.shtml

http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDN60234/IDN60234.569019.plt.shtml

Regards
Barry

that apartment block looks amazing on Google Maps street address.

Would be funny if someone dumped the rubbish on the lawn at their nice appartment block or burried their car with it. Yes I know would be stooping to their level, though would be funny to see the look on their face when they saw it.

Latest posts