Oallen Forde - The Good, The Bad and the "Really UGLY"

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grabben Gullen is clean because of my effort, and this toilet paper being spread around, what the hell is going on when these people going to the toilet. I will point fingers and it is not one of us but either the locals, which i have seen what was left after there camp. Or the bike riders. It comes down to upbringing, they were not bashed enough as a child

backcreek said:
bazza2210 said:
mad Mike said:
Ok
I will take friday off
Take my ute and trailer down and do a few loads.
Anyone know of a tipping point?

Please pm me if anyone else is interested

Maybe Nerriga has a dump?

Call the pub they might know where the tip is.
They will probably tell you its at the Forde right beside the toilet trees.

Digginholes said:
Maybe the forum could hold a raffle and the takings go towards paying for a few bins to be put around some of the sites surely the local ranger or council members can empty them once a week, I might even leave a large Otto bit at the next place I visit but it would be pointless if it won't get emptied

Might find it burnt to the ground next time you see it. :( Has happened to Otto bins in parks and car parks in the mountains. As others have said the trashers never think or learn. Same goes for the ones that throw ropes into trees at campsites to rip down dead branches because they are too lazy to gather the dry dropped wood further away.

Its a sad story indeed, but you will find that sort of Bogan everywhere.
Even here in the Sunny State, Dirty used nappies, bottles cans and the usual crap that they cant be bothered removing from there campsite.
It is just pure lazyiness and simply comes down to parenting.
If I did that as a child I would certainly know about it for sure from the broad hand from my Dad.
There are grubs everywhere.
Play safe.
Cheers
Brad....

Well said Wal. It's disgusting to go into a pristine bush area and come across a scene like that. I was out in Warwick checking out an old mine site and someone had filled the deep mine shaft full of rubbish. Another time I was out in the bush and came across a mountain of rubbish someone had obviously been dumping it there over a long period. The councils are partially to blame for this as they started charging a fee to dump rubbish and it was only after that we noticed more and more dump sites happening in the bush. We abide by the prospectors code and take all our rubbish with us including all the junk we detect. This behaviour is on about the same level as those who don't backfill their detecting holes it's just plain disgusting and ruins it for the rest of us who have to clean up after them and pick up their rubbish and backfill their holes. I can tell you what I want to drop down a deep mine shaft and it ain't the rubbish. :mad:

gcause said:
Well said Wal. It's disgusting to go into a pristine bush area and come across a scene like that. I was out in Warwick checking out an old mine site and someone had filled the deep mine shaft full of rubbish. Another time I was out in the bush and came across a mountain of rubbish someone had obviously been dumping it there over a long period. The councils are partially to blame for this as they started charging a fee to dump rubbish and it was only after that we noticed more and more dump sites happening in the bush. We abide by the prospectors code and take all our rubbish with us including all the junk we detect. This behaviour is on about the same level as those who don't backfill their detecting holes it's just plain disgusting and ruins it for the rest of us who have to clean up after them and pick up their rubbish and backfill their holes. I can tell you what I want to drop down a deep mine shaft and it ain't the rubbish. :mad:

can you imagine what their homes are like ?

probably look like the house where that kid died last week :(

I took the dogs and family for a walk along the beach today, and I'm sure if I can grab my dog droppings in a plastic bag and carry it out with me then people should be able to dispose of there rubbish also, I also have had my fair share of detecting on the beach and finding cans and all sorts of trash, I pick it up and put it in the bin on my way out, I saw a guy a few weeks back detecting and he dug up a can and said I hate litter bugs, and threw it back in the hole and filled it in.

Been promising the Girlfriend we would go camping somewhere, I was planning on going to Oallen to test my first Highbanker ive made and make a camp trip out of it at the same time... I'm now thinking twice with all the crap i've heard about the place which is unfortunate.

Hats off to anyone going out of their way to clean up other peoples filth.
Takes a special someone to take time out of their own day to clean someone elses rubbish.
Well done.

Well to Penfoey and "the other person" I thank you guys for your efforts. I think we all do!
If we all did a bit of this the country would be a better place and maybe the grubs would take note.
Next time I'm there I'll do the same before I leave.

Cheers

Latest posts