Nugget's stupid appendix

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a CT scan scheduled for today because the ultrasound was inconclusive. I'm feeling a little better today so I think the antibiotics are helping. I'm hoping that I can go home either this afternoon or tomorrow but I'll know more after the scan.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it.

hey nugget just think of the recovery time you can spend detecting, im sure u could get a week out of the doctor......lol
get better quick mate

Hey Matt,
get well soon my friend. Give me hospital, ward, room.
what topping do you prefer on your pizza's,
Will a bucket of KFC keep you going.

give me 20min still ironing my Doctor's White's.
My handle will be Dr Apolcropalis BsC. Argg. (All round good guy)
Cheers
TheSmithy

thesmithy said:
Hey Matt,
get well soon my friend. Give me hospital, ward, room.
what topping do you prefer on your pizza's,
Will a bucket of KFC keep you going.

give me 20min still ironing my Doctor's White's.
My handle will be Dr Apolcropalis BsC. Argg. (All round good guy)
Cheers
TheSmithy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope it's nothing to bad Nugget

Cheers mate

C&L

After days of poking and proding, it appears I owe my appendix an apology for calling it stupid. Sorry buddy..

It turns out I have a Bowel condition known as Diverticular Disease, this condition triggered an infection of the Bowel known as Diverticulitis. I'm told that many can have this condition and not know it, while others can experience complications.

The doc's keeping me in on antibiotics for at least another 24 hours but then I should be OK to go home, and a slight diet change is required to help prevent a repeat visit.

Thanks again for the kind words and also for keeping me entertained throughout the topics. This has been quite an experience for me and one I hope I don't have to go through again anytime soon.

Im telling you there is a week recovering out in the bush swinging in this for you...........lol
good to here they got to the bottom of it .....so to speak !

ive got that. had a terrible episode on christmas day last year. was going to drop the better half off at her parents for lunch and drive myself to hospital I was in that much pain. ive never ate or drank so little on christmas day in my life.
Ben

Hope all goes well, I didn't get mine out until I was 43, went to hospital with bad pains in the tummy and the doctor said "I thing you may have bowel cancer don't be surprised if you wake up with a colostomy bag" I was glad he was wrong,,,,,,any way get well soon

Well done Nugget, it's a wonder they don't throw a street parade for your home coming, lets hope the targets throw themselves out of the ground for ya, just to make life easy for a bit.

hey nugget good to hear your on the all clear,i was going to suggest a hospital in thailand was in there once for suspected appendix issues thank god it was just some gut trouble...but i have to say some of those chick nurses really took good care of me....REALLY TOOK GOOD CARE OF ME :8
........come to think of it..........i hope they were chicks............. 8.(

back on the swing now mate 8)

Nugget said:
Hey guys, I have returned home with a bag full of meds and doing well. I'm now just really looking forward to seeing my young bloke when he gets home from daycare in about 10-15 minutes and spending the night with the family :)
Glad to hear that your back on your feet. Diverticulitis can be controlled by changes to your diet. Keep away from seeds, tomato, strawberries... Anything that can get caught in the pockets in the bowl leading to infection and pain.
I know how it feels to be stuck in the hospital when you'd rather be spending time with those who matter most. I missed the Nundle trip due is illness. Filled in at cricket the next week and ruptured my calf, plantaris tendon and have just found out that I have a DVT. I won't be hitting the creeks for a few months. I have included a scan of the calf tear for those who like pain. Hope your feeling better soon Nugget!
1392449796_image.jpg

Latest posts