NF (Nugget Finder) or Coiltek for your 6000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going alright now mate, had a slow start to the season. Finding the 6k very noisy, I find gold with it, but to be honest, prefer the zed.
My mate has the 6k only, and as a result only uses it. He is going very well with it. The 17 did really well for him, I think mainly because of the amount of ground covered.

Nugget Finder 12x7:

Great video mbasko but where are the Xceed coils? There are either serious problems with the coils or with the NF company. We're five months down the track since you tried this coil and we're still waiting to see their three coils turn up.

Last edited:
MB from what I understand it winding coils is a special skill to do it right, my source tells me it is simply one can only make so many in a day. Try to buy a new Landcruiser, 2 to 4 year wait with some dealers not even taking orders. Demand just exceeding supply

If anyone in Vic wants to test the NF coils Coiltek in Maryborough have loaners that you can test out. Maybe other dealers do as well.

When I purchased my Goldhawk I noticed the build quality of the Goldhawk was a bit sturdier than the NF. The NF was closer to finish to the 11 inch mono. Not saying they will not last or anything like that just my observation. And the final release may be different again.

As far as sensitivity the Goldhawk and 11 inch mono are the same, for me anyway. I've picked up micro bits with both.
Just the 10x5 Goldhawk gets into a few more tight spots and it's paid itself of already.

If anyone in Vic wants to test the NF coils Coiltek in Maryborough have loaners that you can test out. Maybe other dealers do as well.

When I purchased my Goldhawk I noticed the build quality of the Goldhawk was a bit sturdier than the NF. The NF was closer to finish to the 11 inch mono. Not saying they will not last or anything like that just my observation. And the final release may be different again.

As far as sensitivity the Goldhawk and 11 inch mono are the same, for me anyway. I've picked up micro bits with both.
Just the 10x5 Goldhawk gets into a few more tight spots and it's paid itself of already.
Thanks SL, good to hear about the coil viewpoint ... oval coils have always been better to detect between tussocks and such. And yes I know Gold Ballarat has a test coil, then again he's offered the coiltek versions on a few occasions and I just haven't bothered .... might do so when the ground dries out a bit more.

MB from what I understand it winding coils is a special skill to do it right, my source tells me it is simply one can only make so many in a day. Try to buy a new Landcruiser, 2 to 4 year wait with some dealers not even taking orders. Demand just exceeding supply
Think it's common knowledge now (was kept quite for longer than I expected) but apparent a manufacturing stuff up, from my understanding (and could be completely wrong) some barrier to keep components apart when pouring the foam insert stuff moved the internals around when being removed leaving them to potentially be noisy as the "fit" was not as snug as it should be ..... rather than release potentially faulty coils the whole batch
(100's ??) was scraped.
I'm sure someone out there may have more current info or be in a position to state what I was told, or how I interpreted it, is crap.
Till later guess we'll just have to wait, just a shame NF don't make a comment to keep people "on-side".

Well there's been a stuff up somewhere along the way. Coiltek had theirs out for months now.
As if demand is exceeding supply.
You can't even purchase them yet.

Great video mbasko but where are the Xceed coils? There are either serious problems with the coils or with the NF company. We're five months down the track since you tried this coil and we're still waiting to see their three coils turn up.
That's Nenad (Phase Technical) in the video MB not me.
The only people who could answer your questions would be dealers or Rohan at Nugget Finder himself.

I've tested several brand GPX mono coils on the bench (using several test instruments) and compared results against similar shape and size coils by ML. The only performance advantage I see going from ML to aftermarket coils is the gain one might get going to flat wound as opposed to a bundle wound, plus aftermarket maybe a bit beefier... more durable.

I test ~8 different parameters. Some coils test horrible, some very good when compared to ML but nothing so far has tested better.
My detecting buddy gave me a few coil types I didn't have so my test database grew & made more sense. It was no surprise what his favorite coil was after testing all his coils. I told him what coil of his gave the best result, his reply was... that coils his favorite!

My advice;
- choose a coil for a purpose, not what its proclaimed to do
- choose a quality constructed coil
- choose a quality manufacture who supports their coils
- choose a coil thats proven in the field
- choose a coil for a purpose, not what its proclaimed to do

Lastly, choose a coil for a purpose, not what its proclaimed to do!

Last edited:
It’s taking a long time I thought NF coil’s would be out by now.. I’m happy with the 11” minelab coil for now

It’s taking a long time I thought NF coil’s would be out by now.. I’m happy with the 11” minelab coil for now
It's pretty obvious what's going on. Minelab is trying to kill the aftermarket coil business.
If the chip was built into the detector instead of the coil, NFs would have been released 18 months ago and a quarter of the price too.

The aftermarket coil business is a big part of Minelab's success. Aftermarket coils and other ancillary bits and bobs are important sales items to strengthen the businesses of their dealerships. More customers and more sales by their dealers means Minelab's frontline presence stays stronger than any potential competitor.

I'm just a sceptical old prick. Watching too much ABC.

Still wondering, is there a reason why the chip is not in the detector?
:D

Latest posts