My first gold with the SD2200d

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll done Reeks, good to see you have been hitting pay dirt. Still got them in a rattle tin in your pocket?

They are nice shape nuggets with a great shine. :p

Wally69 said:
We'll done Reeks, good to see you have been hitting pay dirt. Still got them in a rattle tin in your pocket?

They are nice shape nuggets with a great shine. :p

Thanks wally, yes they are nice water worn nugs i agree.

And thanks everyone for the replies and encouragement, looking forward to meeting you guys on a PA trip or whenever.

Reeko

Absolute beauties Reeks!

Plenty of use yet for the older machines. Wonderful to see such smooth nuggets. Always had a bit of a thing for the water worn pieces. Almost like golden works of art ;)

Looking forward to seeing you pull some more bits!

Thanks for the info loamer! For those of us fairly new to the game, it's interesting to hear of the past machines and how they compare to today's detectors.

All the best,
Shauno.

Syndyne said:
Absolute beauties Reeks!

Plenty of use yet for the older machines. Wonderful to see such smooth nuggets. Always had a bit of a thing for the water worn pieces. Almost like golden works of art ;)

Looking forward to seeing you pull some more bits!

Thanks for the info loamer! For those of us fairly new to the game, it's interesting to hear of the past machines and how they compare to today's detectors.

All the best,
Shauno.

Thanks Shauno!
Yes they are quite nice looking little nugs i agree, i also have a soft spot for water worn pieces.
Fingers crossed for some more nug action next time i'm out west.
Are you heading home soon?

Reeko

Totally my pleasure. Gotta love those nuggets showing up after a dig. Always a pleasant surprise, particularly when the junk has been abundant.

Heading back on the tenth. Just staying out of the cold weather today. Hopefully get a few more good days swinging in from tomorrow onwards.

All the best out there!
Shauno.

Goodluck mate, hope you get a big'n before you head home.
Snow down to 800m this arvo on the central tablelands.

I was swingin in the snow the other week! Good fun.
Reeko

Well Reeko, first of all congrats, no better feeling huh and especially knowing you are the first person to ever see a nugget once its out of the ground, judging by those pics if that's an indication of what you are digging than you won't be leaving much gold behind :cool:

How did those original batteries go ?
As for the serial numbers anything later than 45### were supposed to be the goodun's, that's why I hung onto it for so long :)

Darren

Thanks mate it was good to have a chat this arv.
I ended up buying 2 new 7800mah batteries so i have been using them. Easy 8 hours out of one battery.
Runs great with that 14" dd pro elite.
Good luck in wa mate i hope you get onto some big yellow. :D

Well done mate when on a patch make sure you grid it n's &e'w as dd coils can miss I've found more nuggets by searching like this .
Careful about deciding on bullet noises as I have dug a couple of nuggets that are shaped very close to a bullet the old rule applies dig everything .I manage quite fine on .1 grammars with a 10 X 5 dd coil tech . Go get Em mate ! Dr.

Thanks Bean, been digging everything so confident im not missing any. Think i will have to invest in one of those Joey coils for the shallow stuff.
Reeko

Latest posts