Newbee from Tea Gardens

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi to all. Just want to introduce myself as new to prospecting/ detecting
Just recently purchased a equinox 800 and have set up a panning/ sluicing kit
I have had a couple of outings just to get a bit of a feel of things to nearby Upper Bowman near Gloucester. Found a couple of old mine sites and and done a bit of panning. No luck with the gold? But didn't really expect great results for my first couple of times.
Planning a trip to Nundle over the Christmas break to have a serious crack at finding some gold. Don't expect much water in the river/ creeks out there,so maybe will be detecting mainly.
Any suggestions from anyone that has been there recently would be greatly appreciated.
I have been researching the area ( amongst others) for six months and have reasonable idea about the place.
I have been reading this forum for a while now and finally decided to sign up. It sees to have a great bunch of members. Some of who are very knowledgeable and helpful

Cheers ?

Banjo68 said:
Planning a trip to Nundle over the Christmas break to have a serious crack at finding some gold.

Did you end up going? Or did the bushfires stop you?

Latest posts