Long time reader, first time poster...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday guys,

I am a long time reader of this amazing forum and thought recently it would be great if i could help contribute towards it, even if only small. I have been metal detecting for the past 5 years and enjoy everything about it whether it be a day in the goldfields, researching historic towns and reserves, un earthing an unexpected surprise, soaking up the history and so on...
When searching for gold i use a GPX 4500 - this forum and its knowledgeable members assisted hugely in getting me started with the 45 having no GPX experience - for coins, relics and beach detecting i am currently using the Equinox 800 which is a great machine and i have a snorkel now and then with the Pulse Dive.
Sometimes finding time to get out can be a challenge with a young family but as the wife and kids love camping i can combine the two into the one outing - strategic camping locations - even the young fella has been finding himself on the end of the pin pointer so there may well be another detectorist waiting in the wings!!

If anyone is interested i have an instagram account with pictures of some of my finds for viewing @ausdetection

Keep up the great work here, i have always enjoyed reading the threads.

Cheers, ausdetection.

Welcome from Dave also ausdetection, I'll check out your instagram site. Cheers 🍻

Latest posts