New poster.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day All.
Have just joined up to what looks to be a very interesting site.
Keen on all forms of prospecting, never all that successful, but wife (Chris) and I really enjoy the bush, more remote the better.
With a small van towed by a trayback 'Cruiser loaded up with camping stuff we are very self reliant for extended trips.
Hoping to make a few worthwhile contributions as we go.
Mike

Welcome - the guys here are super friendly and helpful; I'm sure that you'll find the info you need to increase your success-rate if you stick around :)

Your setup sounds like what I had hoped to have together by now - unfortunately a bit much brown cancer and the boys in blue kai-boshed the cruiser a few years back...but I'm still dreamin' ;)

Welcome to the forum boobook
yes as Marked said the guys here are super friendly and helpful;
and some great topics to read

Welcome boobook, to this forum ,camping is a great past time and adding detecting is just great :lol:

Welcome to the forum Mike. Being self sufficient in the bush certainly adds a lot more enjoyment to the camping scene. There's a wealth of info here on the forum supplied by the dedicated members, which could possibly help increase your success rate while out there prospecting.

Best of luck out there on your trips, and we're always keen to see some pics and read about the adventures.

Cheers Wal. :)

Thanks people for the welcome.
"boobook", yes, we find a lot of fascination in owls, on one long term camp we had one almost domesticated.
However, the duck, boobook is not the one with the hideous scream. That is the "barking owl", slightly larger then boobook with its call more commonly a "woof woof.....woof woof". The scream though is one to prickle the skin!
Is guaranteed to get any dog going, especially when they flit around confusing your dog. In all the years camping, have only ever heard the scream twice, both times on the Barwon river, camping and fishing.
Up on the Gregory River (N.Qld.) there must have been 20 woof woof's calling through the night we were there. Our poor old dog went ballistic! :rolleyes:
Mike

I heard a couple in the otways i was alone in the bush at night scared the living daylights out of me I thought it was the boo book that was the screamer but there you go you can teach an old duck new tricks

Hi Mike,

extended bush periods with a wife that loves it, all the gear.. you are living the dream

Welcome aboard.

Peter