Apache!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotrob

Rob
Reaction score
Hi all,

About 6 weeks ago we were bush camped at Moliagul. My wife & I in our van & a friend & his wife in another van.
We were sitting around the fire after tea one night when a vehicle came in & headed over to another camp site about a kilometer away.
It was a beautiful still night & we were chatting & laughing when suddenly the silence was shattered by the sound of an electric guitar tuning up. It was obviously being played outside through an amp. Very loud on the silent night air.
I thought there goes the peace & quiet.
Then the tune began to come together & I recognized it as the opening cords to the instrumental tune Apache done by the Shadows many years ago. If you haven't heard it do yourself a favor.
Anyway the "music" only went on for 10 minutes or so but it was hauntingly beautiful drifting across the still night air.
If the "artist" happens to see this post ....... well done.

Rob. :Y:

That was the first tune I learned to play all the way through, It Charted at No 1 in the UK in july 1960 and reached No 4 in Australia, Hank Marvin has Lived in Australia since the 1980's.

It was recorded with Hank playing a fender Strat, The Guitars in the Video are Burns.

And the Fender was stolen and has not been seen since.

Brilliant piece of music.

Another one came out to compete, Telstar by the Tornado's.

Older folk's may recognize it
as the theme to a Famous TV western Series.

I all ways take my hat off to Brian May of Queen . A great guitar player . Queen would have been a lessor band without him . JMO.

L
Tathradj said:

Tatah are you confusing Telstar which was a 1962 instrumental written and produced by Joe Meek for the tornados
The composition was named after the Telstar communications satellite, which was launched into orbit on 10 July 1962

With the theme song from The High ChaparralWestern Tv seres , which was composed and conducted by David Rose ?

Tathradj said:

Cliff Richards originally bought the Red Strat when he went to America in the late 50's ( 1959 ) and bought it back and gave it to Hank, and the last time I saw it Bruce Welch had the very same Fiesta Red Strat. At the time you could not buy them in the UK because there was an embargo on US products.

This was filmed last year,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G79y87s2ykI

Yes, That's it.
I thought I named it correctly. ?

nucopia said:
L
Tathradj said:

Tatah are you confusing Telstar which was a 1962 instrumental written and produced by Joe Meek for the tornados
The composition was named after the Telstar communications satellite, which was launched into orbit on 10 July 1962

With the theme song from The High ChaparralWestern Tv seres , which was composed and conducted by David Rose ?

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/dEOGhUBgtAQ[/video]

Hotrob said:
That's the one Nucopia.

The riff at about 38 second in is what he was playing.
Hauntingly beautiful echoing out through the still bush night.

Rob.

That would have been amazing, the hair on the back of your neck standing in the cold of the night, flicker of the camp fire unnerving your thoughts, the flames warming your face.

Man I would have loved to have had that experience would have be cool!!

Another one for "hauntingly beautiful" on a dark night in a remote location is Sounds of Silence by Disturbed. Play it loud and make the dingoes wonder.

Latest posts