NAPFA General News, Member Information & Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So heres a few questions
Are the Hill end gold company leases still in place ? The posts from a few years back where saying HEG was hunting detectorists away .
Is all the common open for detecting ?
Are any permits etc needed for detecting in hillend ?
I have been trying to figure these out for myself but i seem to be going around in circles :rolleyes:

Common is open for business AF. :) It's a big area and there is still gold there, low and slow with the SDC and you should get a few bits. I got a nug within 20 mins last trip, was frustrated after that and didn't get another, lol.

It is there AF and we will try to get you on to a nugget - last NAPFA AGM weekend I went out for a night detect 200m from the camp and walked out with 3 nugglets.

Spent the next day digging lead, don't think I got them all, so you should do ok :D :lol: :D

South of Hill End then north thru Tambaroora to Dixons Long Point Rd now all falls under the new Bathurst Regional LGA Fossicking District.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/4485/1478086518_1472811396_58_59.pdf
You don't need the permission of EL holder's in these areas. HEG can no longer chase people away from otherwise accessible land.
There are still active mining leases & private property within the general Common area but you can't just stray into them. They will be fenced &/or signposted. Don't jump fences & you'll be fine :lol:
There are also Heritage Areas under the National Parks banner that you cannot detect, fossick/prospect. These include the Hill End village area, Golden Arches area, Valetines Mine area & the Cornish Quartz Roasting Pits.
I'll try to put something up highlighting these areas tomorrow but basically outside of these on the Common is all good.

No permit required but you are permitted to fill in your holes & take your rubbish + fuggets away with you -- something that appears to be lost on a lot of people :p

Green area's are National Park heritage areas:
1478146750_capture.jpg

Ullamalla Rd = Dixons Long Point Rd
1478146899_capture2.jpg

Other areas like the Golden Arches etc. are well marked.

Crown Land (Common) shaded yellow:
1478147160_capture3.jpg

1478147481_capture4.jpg

Old map (download jpg):
http://www.resourcesandenergy.nsw.gov.au/geoproducts/details?editionid=575&productid=471

aussiefarmer said:
Found what i was looking for probly have to pay again 31st december but its a good cause.
http://www.napfa.net/Join-the-rebellion.html
Read a few reports lately on the fight for access and its got me keen to try help reopen some of the government land that was lost.

Aussiefarmer -- for your benefit and others that may be wondering...

If you renew now, or join if you are not a member, (before 31 March) then you will be current until Ist January 2018.

Renewals or signups also get a chance at winning Minelab 4500 courtesy of Minelab. See following extract here from AGM mailout to members:

Membership renewals are now on

Renewal for the 2017 Calendar year is $25 per person (no change from last year). This makes us a very low cost association for members, within the reach of all. You can also win a Minelab GPX4500 courtesy of Minelab Australia.

In recognition of NAPFAs achievements, and to help us maintain the numbers we need to be a credible lobby group, the Committee urges you to renew your membership as soon as possible using the attached form.

You can also pay face-to-face at the AGM, or at the Laanacoorie Bash which will be attended by NAPFA Committee members. Bring your signed form and updated details. Just look for our flag!

As a BONUS,

Renew before December 31 THREE FREE TICKETS in the draw for a Minelab GPX4500
Renew between 1 January until 28 February TWO FREE TICKETS
Renew between 1 March until 31 March ONE FREE TICKET

We will not be selling raffle tickets. To be in it you need to renew or join.

To renew your membership please fill out the membership renewal form and complete the required actions.

Please encourage new members families and friends -- to join NAPFA, using the online form at www.napfa.net

Cheers

Stephen
President NAPFA

Tathradj said:
I will be Glamping.
Van with both fridges full of Tucker and Grog. :) :)
Even got a Micky Wave in it. :D

I might be glamping too , retro style 70s camper trailer its pre mickey wave :lol:
Might have my prospecting buddy with me yet, i invited him and i dont think he will be able hold back, he is saving for a detector so a weekend there might make him sell a kidney to get one :lol:

Wally69 said:
aussiefarmer said:
Well posted mbasko sharing info like that is gold :D great work and thanks ,
Wally69 i must admit i love night detecting every thing seems to run smoother.

The challenge has been set :p :p :p

I'm keen to night detect. Detecting at night in summer in HE is a good way to realise how many snakes live there.
Don't forget to bring a fly net to keep the moths and myriad of other bugs off your face when night detecting
Cheers RDD :)

Weatherzones 28 day forcast is at the moment saying fri 11th medium chance of rain, sat 12th high , sunday low. Hopefully it changes, as it has been lately, the weather seems to come through a day or two quicker than they forcast .
How well is glendora set up for wet weather ?
How well does a sdc work in the rain ? I guess the headphones are the worry and if my phasetec lead turns up i will be testing out my new cordless setup.

I think Glendora can get pretty muddy when it's wet.
I've never used my SDC in the rain, but I think the damp ground is a potential positive for depth/sensitivity.

Latest posts