NAPFA General News, Member Information & Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still here and eyeing off a bit of ground at Bald Hill. :) :)
Had a bit of excitement this Morning.
Half a tree came down in the Camp Ground right behind me. :eek:
Went and fetched the Park's guy's.
Tree has to be removed.
There were a few camping under it over the last few days.
I will put up a picture later.

it was a great weekend :) , The NAPHA meeting was educational a tad slow in the middle maybe, but very interesting about the fight to keep highbankers legal .

I met a fair few people but I only met a couple of PA members unfortunately, but that was my fault , between UHF failure and feeling a bit crook on Saturday I didn't socialize as much as I had hoped to.
I diffidently needed at least another 3 days to see and do it all,
but I did see a lot of it, mostly in the bush and I will eat my hat if I didn't see well over 150 mine shafts , lots of surfaced areas that 1000's of tons of dirt has vanished from and god knows how many test scratching's.

Not to mention Moloch heaps the size of houses , hills that were dug into swiss cheese and feats of human endurance that just made me shake my head and giggle wondering just how bad they really had the fever.

I managed to get out for a swing in a few spots , i didn't do overly well , plenty of trinkets and one nugglet , seen some ground that was more metal than soil :lol:
Found about 10 targets that you would swear were gold with their gentle smooth sounds, sitting well below the surface in undisturbed ground only to find they were mostly distorted lead and I also had a couple of moving targets that drove me mad :rolleyes: that would disappear and reappear taking half an hour to catch em but no joy there either :( .

I really did enjoy it and will be heading back again in the future for another go. :)
1479123358_img_20161114_213124_222-optimized.jpg

1479123407_img_20161114_205750_226-optimized.jpg

I talked to 5 people on sunday and they all failed to detect a nugget a couple said they got 3 or 4 the year before , so i was lucky , i am sure someone might have got a few but i havent heard of it yet.
I found ground with old lead that wasnt disturbed in recent times but it was clean of gold , i even had targets hidden by sticks or roots and even on ground to steep to stand on but they were lead as well. It was harder to find than i expected.
i thought there would be ground with zero signals and some surfaced areas were that way ,thats when i would get inventive and seek hard to detect spots but that only gave junk as well.
The little nugglet i got was just off the surfaced area within a foot of a tree and in between about 7 scratchings from other detectorists.
Seen plenty of unfilled holes and some modern rubbish that was a shame , also found one area with metal junk from many years even shafts used as tips probably used ever since the rush.
Also correct me if i am wrong there was a trailer mounted trommel driven by a petrol motor being used , is that legal in nsw ?
Anyway my prospecting mate got 200 odd tiny colours in his pan so he was happy , 28 in his first pan.

Plenty of old & new junk around Hill End. I'd been having a pretty good run out there until the last couple of trips which were both no gold & bag load of junk 8.( Time to rethink a few spots & do some more exploring I think.
Trommels are definitely illegal to use in NSW. The rules around highbankers could be considered grey but it's black & white with motorised/powered equipment - it's not allowed. Still people don't seem to care which is evident by the unfilled holes & other shit that gets left everywhere in these places. If it was the same trailer mounted set up I seen out there a few months ago they probably left their great big spoil pile & unfilled holes in the creek bed/bank behind too. :mad: Real brainwaves these blokes who care about nothing else but themselves. Probably be the first ones whinging if we lost ground out there.

It was a trailer mounted trommel and the drum/screen was huge probably 2 mtrs long and 0.8 mtrs wide. looked like you would need 4 blokes to feed it and it was driven by about a 5hp motor , i thought it was wrong but wasnt sure if there were permits or something for it as they were only 20 mtrs up stream from the crossing on golden gulley near the chimneys in plain veiw of every vehicle. Hopefully they get what they deserve one day.

I questioned that bloke and he stated that the Yogies and others just drove past it without looking. :/
They are very illegal in NSW as the act states, " No Motorized Processing.
"He seamed a bit full of it so not wanting to cause a fight, I moved on.
He had an audience of a few onlookers that appeared to me not very seasoned.
Sorry I missed you bloke as I was really looking forwards to catching up. :)

I am starting to measure success in ever-diminishing proportions. :eek:

1479209168_image.jpg

It was great to catch up with a few PA members, get out for a swing and provide support to the NAPFA committee who passionately continue to support our interests. Thanks guys and gals.

I arrived in time for the meeting, and I was seriously impressed with the amount of work all the association representatives do. They give up so much of their time to watch over our rights, and fight for the future of our obsession. My hat goes off to all of you!

No gold for me this time, but I did manage to explore some more of the area, and find some new areas to pan and swing on future trips.

It was my absolute privilege to meet a few excellent cyber people and turn them into real humans... and I was even fortunate enough to cook my dinner in Valhalla!! :D

Looking forward to meeting you all again in the field somewhere :)

Ivo said:
Wally69 said:
I am starting to measure success in ever-diminishing proportions. :eek:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1479209168_image.jpg

It was great to catch up with a few PA members, get out for a swing and provide support to the NAPFA committee who passionately continue to support our interests. Thanks guys and gals.
Nice one wally better than my button spill again lol

Haha Ivo, I will have to get a photo up of my button collection from 'Looseyourshirt Gully'

So the relic results speak for themselves, I absolutly hammered Looseyourshirt Gully.

The end of the walking cane was an interesting find and I always like coming across blackpowder pistol and musket balls as you never know what will turn up next

1479287340_image.jpg

Big Thanks to Sean and son George, his mate Matt and Eric who was camped next to them. Sean your know knowledge is out extensive. I learnt a lot from the international space station that we saw Saturday night to all the tips and hints you gave whilst looking for the elusive shiny stuff. You and Eric restored faith when it was all but gone. Yes we looked out of place but in the end we had a good time. Except for the thunder storm and 50mm rain in a couple of hours on Friday night.

NAPFA said:
aussiefarmer said:
Found what i was looking for probly have to pay again 31st december but its a good cause.
http://www.napfa.net/Join-the-rebellion.html
Read a few reports lately on the fight for access and its got me keen to try help reopen some of the government land that was lost.

Aussiefarmer -- for your benefit and others that may be wondering...

If you renew now, or join if you are not a member, (before 31 March) then you will be current until Ist January 2018.

Renewals or signups also get a chance at winning Minelab 4500 courtesy of Minelab. See following extract here from AGM mailout to members:

Membership renewals are now on

Renewal for the 2017 Calendar year is $25 per person (no change from last year). This makes us a very low cost association for members, within the reach of all. You can also win a Minelab GPX4500 courtesy of Minelab Australia.

In recognition of NAPFAs achievements, and to help us maintain the numbers we need to be a credible lobby group, the Committee urges you to renew your membership as soon as possible using the attached form.

You can also pay face-to-face at the AGM, or at the Laanacoorie Bash which will be attended by NAPFA Committee members. Bring your signed form and updated details. Just look for our flag!

As a BONUS,

Renew before December 31 THREE FREE TICKETS in the draw for a Minelab GPX4500
Renew between 1 January until 28 February TWO FREE TICKETS
Renew between 1 March until 31 March ONE FREE TICKET

We will not be selling raffle tickets. To be in it you need to renew or join.

To renew your membership please fill out the membership renewal form and complete the required actions.

Please encourage new members families and friends -- to join NAPFA, using the online form at www.napfa.net

Cheers

Stephen
President NAPFA
Well my membership has been submitted and the fee has just been transferred via online and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.. Thanks NAPFA/Stephen

So I'm just curious to how long should one wait until they receive any information from NAPFA that they are a paid member or don't you get anything unlike when you join the PMAV...

Latest posts