my first finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
christened the aldi today, a little beach, and near a park table where we ate lunch. The kids dug the finds, and got really excited when we found something. The beach produced the can bottom, nail, and bottletop. I didnt expect to find coins, we were in a low traffic area, away from where people sit etc. I practiced with burying money, and getting a feel for things. The finds were dug 15cms to the leftt, to where I thought they would be. 20c was from the pinic table area, and so was the mysterious relic thingy lol Maybe a knife handle? I had a go at cleaning it, but its so crusty, I did pick it back to smooth in places, just for curiosity. Fun:)

Try coming onto the target from 4 different direction and use your eyes to get a centre point as some targets will pick up under the end of the coil.

Your pocket full of change tested on the beach is a good strategy. Try lowering the sensitivity next time and see what effect it makes on target IDing.

Sometimes the places you least expect something produce the biggest surprise, good luck.

Wally

Yep, left to right, front to back, corner to corner. I could usually narrow it down to a patch of about 10cm2. Then I had to dig the whole thing.

Got a pinpointer now. Just need a rough idea and the pinpointer does the rest. Pop the find with my chisel. Love it.

Had another go this arvo, found everything I detected, all junk, but a pin pointer would make it alot easier. Thanks for the tips :)

Latest posts