My first attempt in australia, used Equipment or Minelab Vanquish 440

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey together! Im Kevin, new here in the forum. Im a german guy traveling Australia, i have some metal detector expirience from back home looking for coins and im currently in the Northern Territory heading to pine creek, darwin then to cairns and back down to Sydneys. Im currently in Katherine and im heading to Pine creek late tomorrow and looking to buy some paning equipment and a metal detector and get some tipps for spots up here and on the way down 🙃 Would prefer to buy some good used stuff or maybe rent something.

If i cant find used stuff im glancing at a Minelab Vanquish 440 that i found at a shop today. Any opinions about that one when i want to try my luck for gold and use it at some beaches?

Im also curious, how can i find out where exaclty im allowed to use the detector/pan and where i can get permissions? I found some threads here about pine creek and some names of locations there but its not clear yet how i can find out where the areas start or end. I dont want to get in trouble but im also not having so much time left now to do the proper research :/ Would really appriciate some hints, a lot!

Attachments

• IMG_1242.jpeg
    12.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1243.jpeg
    12.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1244.jpeg
    12 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Buy a secondhand 2300 or 5000 and then sell it after you've finished your trip. Maybe you might drop a few hundred or maybe not much at all providing you look after it. Better than renting or buying a detector like a Vanquish that will probably drive you mad while finding nothing.

Latest posts