mushroom gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzz

Gold digger
Reaction score
Come up in a recent conversation about a goldfield and was told that there was what the local fella said to be mushroom gold on the farm not sure of what type of gold deposit thos would be or if it's just a old farmers tale but thought someone elese may of heard of this term and know of what hear be referring to

Picked up after rain is all I can think of, maybe there was never a creek or concentration of it anywhere, just showed up as the top soil eroded away here and there and was only ever specked on occasion, would be a story worth following up on in the event it's never seen a detector over the ground (ever) ,... just imagine the bag of mushies that have never surfaced and the chance to record where your finds are in the hope of it all pointing out the source of which has never, ever, been thought to exist.
That's just what I think about it all though muzz. :eek: 8) :D :cool:

Mrs S recons it's a type of crystaline gold that looks like a mushroom. 8) :D

Just ask them to elaborate, they either will or they won't.

At first I thought she meant something like these.
1462489426_images-79.jpeg

1462489482_images-161.jpeg

But I couldn't find anything natural that looked like a mushroom shape. :(
But then I found this.
1462489625_images-59.jpeg

And thought it'd be good pickin em up like this.
1462489719_images-46.jpeg

Then in the middle of the search I gets told to finsh the washing up (well I was in a hurry). :eek:
1462489884_images-127.jpeg

Got back to it, but, could only find more of the same ,... blody illusive fantasm !
1462490089_images-57.jpeg

hope they're there, and you score a handful at least. (Ha). :D

Mayb theyve found a variety of gold that grows more gold! Just imagine finding a nugget and carefully watering and feeding it until a circle of more nuggets start growing in a circle around it. 8) :eek:

More likely they had heard that detectorists dig up the ground alot (not true) and were hoping to get their field turned over for free while having a laugh at people searching for mushroom gold. :D

Latest posts