Missing Prospectors & other Persons (WA) Western Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day

I agree with Moneybox in regards to the PLB being left in the car, that is all well and good but when you wander away from the camp with no gear the PLB is of no use to you as you are lost the car is not, it needs to be carried on your harness so its right there when you do need it, I am suspicious about this mans disappearance though as a lot of the times through there you can hear the road traffic even some miles in, and would normally just head in that direction if you lose your way?

cheers

stayyerAU

Really sad to hear he hasent been found.
Do the air craft and helicopters etc use the infa red for the heat sensor when they are chasing crooks around the city when they search ? They bloody should and at the earliest.
Really strange how he wasn't found if they thoughly searched.
My heart goes out to him and his family and friends and thankyou to everyone that tried to find him.

Bush Turkey said:
Really sad to hear he hasent been found.
Do the air craft and helicopters etc use the infa red for the heat sensor when they are chasing crooks around the city when they search ? They bloody should and at the earliest.
Really strange how he wasn't found if they thoughly searched.
My heart goes out to him and his family and friends and thankyou to everyone that tried to find him.
Good point but heat sensors only work when the persons heart is beating once the heart stops the body goes cold so that wont work
If he fell into an open mine shaft same thing no body heat no body

Maybe in the first day or night would be the best chance of picking someone up on the heat sensor. They chase criminals so surely they could have something in the search.

1634848724_screenshot_20211022-043634_facebook.jpg

There are a lot of people in Laverton who don't wear shoes
Was going to say the same thing. I don't know if the young man was Aboriginal, but plenty of Aboriginal mob don't bother chucking shoes on. Nothing wrong with that; if my feet could handle anything rougher than the timber flooring, I would go barefoot outdoors more often. My brother still goes prospecting in an old pair of pluggers.

Hopefully they find the guy anyway.

Latest posts