Missing Prospectors & other Persons (WA) Western Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
let's hope he found, I know what my mate be doing tomorrow ,these people that offer there time and resources for free time after time please take time out to support these people when you can, because I do. u just might need them 1 day stay safe

let's hope he found, I know what my mate be doing tomorrow ,these people that offer there time and resources for free time after time please take time out to support these people when you can, because I do. u just might need them 1 day stay safe
Make these old blokes whi think they know the bush carry a PLB.

Can't fix stupid I say

Out bush last week had issues with Aus Geology maps. Always save camp on gps then turn off for battery life and drop a pin on the iPhone as a backup, AGM was sending me i the opposite to my feelings of camp, I checked my gps, my intuition was right and the app was sending was sending me in the wrong direction.

I dropped. Pin on the hema app and had the same issue, maybe a Apple issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
carry one of these and learn the basic use of it if you do not know how
View attachment 9936
no dead batteries ,no aps and no missing pins to worry about
I Agree but I always have a gps iPhone plb and sat and the z three of which have camp set. The old man Surveyed for telecom and always used a compass and surveyors tape when we went shooting, but a compass map and surveyors tape when your eyes are on the ground most of the time. We have a smaller left foot so we walk in circles, blindfold yourself and go for a walk on an oval, you’ll be surprised.

Last edited:
Carrying both plb and sat phone may seem overkill, but they’re both light weight. The plan is sat phone for non life threatening or vehicle breakdowns and plb for life threatening situations because as soon as you press the little button they send out the cavalry and contact your emergency contacts. The sat phone also has a emergency button but I believe it dials 000 and send gps coordinates.

He was seen a week ago and according to the bloke that spoke to him he is out prospecting with one of his mates.
UPDATE: Stephen has been located safe and well.
FIND STEPHEN: Police have issued a public appeal for information on the whereabouts of a missing prospector who has not been in touch with his family for more than two weeks and was last believed to be in the Cue area.
Prospector MIA for more than two weeks

MIDWESTTIMES.COM.AU
Prospector MIA for more than two weeks
Police have issued a public appeal for information on the whereabouts of a missing prospector who has not been in touch with his family for more than two weeks and was last believed to be in the Cue area.

Make these old blokes whi think they know the bush carry a PLB.

Can't fix stupid I say
The WA state government should make it a law that all prospectors MUST have a GPS or PLB.
Link it with 40E applications or something. Appoint rangers to check for compliance and issue fines. After the first few fines, people will take note.
I know many areas out here like the back of my hand, but even when I detect on my own, I placemark the car on my GPS!

Latest posts